Bubbly Auckland students Charlotte Brown and Maddie Hunt were sent packing on last night's episode of My Kitchen Rules NZ after failing to get enough points over the competition.
The childhood friends - the the youngest in the competition at 19 and 20 - lacked in experience but made up for that in enthusiasm and creativity. Cooking in week four, their inventive menu included a bacon crumbed green tea panna cotta with popping candy, but they struggled in the kitchen and were left in danger at the bottom of the leader board with their Instant Restaurant, Fresh, netting them a score of 54.
However, Christchurch foodie friends Heather and Mitch shot up the leaderboard with an impressive score of 75 for their Instant Restaurant, sealing the fate of Charlotte and Maddie.
Judge Manu Feildel said: “Thank you so much for bringing a breath of fresh air to the competition. It’s been great to have you and we wish you all the best for the future.”
Being part of the show was a “dream come true” for Charlotte and Maddie.
Maddie said: “We’ve learnt so much and got to meet some pretty amazing people on the way. Being able to cook for Pete and Manu was something I will always remember and I feel very privileged to be given such an opportunity."
The girls look forward to what the future holds with Charlotte adding: “Our journey has come to an end sooner than we would have liked, but this is not the end of the Charlotte and Maddie story, it’s the beginning. My passion for food has only grown through this incredible journey and I aspire to inspire Kiwis about how to lead a healthier lifestyle, for themselves, their family and future generations. Watch this space!”
The remaining four teams will all face a Sudden Death Cook-Off, with two teams facing off against each other over two major VIP events.
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019