Just a day after stepping out with her sister-in-law the Duchess of Cambridge at Wimbledon to watch the Ladies' Singles Finals, the Duchess of Sussex has made her return to the red carpet, or rather the golden carpet, at the European premiere of the revamp of The Lion King.
Arriving with Prince Harry at London's Leicester Square, the Duchess was beaming as she made her way down the carpet, opting for an elegant black Jason Wu midi-length dress, which she accessorised with a black Gucci clutch and matching heels by her go-to shoe designer Aquazzura.
Meanwhile Prince Harry looked dapper in a black tuxedo complete with a crisp white shirt and black bow tie.
And, in a moment that the internet had been waiting for in anticipation, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex met – and shared a hug – with none other than the Queen Bey, aka Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
Ahead of the film's viewing, Meghan and Harry met with the cast and crew from the live-action remake, which of course included Beyoncé, who voices Nala in the film.
Meghan greeted Beyoncé, and her husband JAY-Z, with a warm hug, with Beyoncé being overhead telling Meghan how nice it was to meet her, talk quickly turned to baby Archie.
Looking gorgeous in a custom made gold-pleated gown by Cong Tri, Beyoncé was heard telling Meghan, "That baby is so beautiful," while JAY-Z can be heard congratulating the Duchess.
Then, as Harry joins the trio JAY-Z is understood to have offered some sage words of parenting advice telling the couple: "The best advice I can give you, always find some time for yourself."
Beyoncé and JAY-Z share three children together, Blue Ivy, seven, and twins Sir and Rumi, both two.
Much of the anticipation for the two prominent women meeting is due to the fact Beyoncé has proven to be a big fan of Meghan's, and vice versa.
Earlier this year Beyoncé and JAY-Z not only paid tribute to the Duchess of Sussex in their BRITs acceptance speech in February, but Beyoncé also acknowledged Meghan on her website in honour of Black History Month.
Meanwhile Meghan was known to be a huge fan of Beyoncé's, often referencing the popstar on her now deleted Instagram account.
While Meghan is no stranger to a red carpet, the event marks her first film premiere as a member of the royal family, as she accompanied Prince Harry, who was in attendance due to the ties the premiere had to his own passion for conservation work.
In an Instagram post to Sussex Royal it's explained that: "The Walt Disney Company announced #ProtectThePride, a global conservation campaign to support efforts protecting the rapidly diminishing lion population across Africa.
"As a part of their commitment to this cause, Disney also made a donation to The Duke of Sussex's upcoming environment & community initiative which will be formally announced this autumn."
Adding: "The Duke and Duchess are committed to advancing conservation efforts across Africa and around the world, and working with communities to ensure a sustainable future for the planet."
Along with meeting celebs and cast and crew, which included the likes of Sir Elton John, Pharrell Williams and Jon Favreau ahead of the screening, the royal couple also got the opportunity to chat with representatives from the African Parks Network, who are doing ground-breaking work in the areas of conservation and the environment – something Harry is incredibly passionate about.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's attendance at the glitzy event had another extra special connection to them as well.
Back in 2016 during the early stages of their relationship one of the couple's first dates was to none other than the stage production of The Lion King at London's West End!
Talk about romantic!
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveToday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019