With Christmas Day behind us for another year, many will be champing at the bit to return the house to its normal pre-Christmas state. Others will be reluctant to take down the Christmas tree and decorations, and accept that it's all over.
But is there a 'correct' and officially recognised day on which you should take down the tree? A quick and very unofficial office poll has some of us believing it's bad luck to have the tree up after New Year's Day, while others consider it ominous to take it down too early. We decided to settle the debate - and who better to get the truth from than the church, right?
So. According to Christianity the 12th night (12 days after Christmas) represents the true end of the festive period - making January 5 or January 6 the correct day to take down the tree.
For the Church of England, January 5 marks the twelfth night, although other Christian groups believe January 6 is correct – because it is the 12th day after Christmas. We guess you can go with whichever one you prefer.
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019