Suits powerhouse character Jessica Pearson, (Gina Torres), has conquered her own law firm with Pearson Spectre Litt and now it seems she's onto bigger and better things with her own spin off series.
The yet to be named series was announced by USA Network and Universal Cable Productions and will potentially come off the back of the season seven finale.
Potential spoilers alert below!
After leaving the firm in the hands of Harvey (Gabriel Macht) and Louis (Rick Hoffman) last season, Jessica made a triumphant return to aid Mike's pursuit to become a real lawyer and again to guide Harvey in his role as managing partner.
Season seven's finale sees a reunion of Suits favourites with Jessica who is adjusting "to her new life in the Windy City." The potential new series will centre on her introduction to "the dirty world of Chicago politics, [where she] must rely on her legal wits and valiant relationships from Pearson Specter Litt to navigate [the] unknown territory."
Chris McCumber, President of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment spoke about Jessica's new chapter: "The powerhouse character of Jessica Pearson, expertly brought to life by the incomparable Gina Torres, has won the hearts of television fans everywhere. [We're thrilled] explore the exciting next phase of Jessica's story."
Gina also released a statement about the new project and in classic Suits style, included a Shawshank Redemption reference.
"Shawshank Redemption is one of my all-time favourite movies," she begins. "And there is a line in it where Morgan Freeman's character Red, basically says that in prison, hope is a dangerous thing. Well, such is the life of an actor.
"But every now and then, if you're lucky, you get a miracle. Suits was one such miracle. And then I had the audacity to not just hope, but dream up another."
The season seven finale will also see the departure of favourites, Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams. But it seems the void in our hearts is slowly being filled with extra Jessica and even newcomer and Grey's Anatomy star, Katherine Heigl.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019