Just as we were coming to terms with the loss of both Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle to the series, Suits has provided us with a little relief. The USA legal drama has just announced former Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl will be joining the cast in season 8.
According to a press release from the States, Katherine will play a new partner at the Pearson Spectre Litt firm by the name of Samantha Wheeler. And we can expect her to cause quite a stir as the firm's 'greatest ally…or most powerful enemy.'
As a long-time fan, Katherine is excited to be joining the huge show.
She released a statement expressing her joy: "Joining Suits was the perfect organic way to not only collaborate with an EP I admire deeply, but to also become part of a show and cast that I am an immense fan of.
"I have watched Suits from the very beginning and feel incredibly lucky to be the newest member of the Pearson Specter Litt family.'
Aaron Korsh, the creator and man to thank for the beloved show, also released a statement ahead of filming season 8.
"I cannot wait to have her come play with our entire cast and crew," said Aaron. "Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Harvey, Louis, Donna and Alex as the mysterious Samantha Wheeler is a direct threat to their status quo."
Katherine, who won an Emmy for her Grey's Anatomy performance as doctor Izzie Stevens, is sure to bring a whole new level of drama to the show through her character Samantha. Ahead of the green light and new additions, season 8 is set to start filming in Toronto in April.
The second-half of season 7 will premiere at the end of March, and will see the departure of Patrick (Mike Ross) and Meghan (Rachel Zane). Their final episode will likely air at the end of April and will focus on Mike and Rachel's wedding.
The show will continue with series regulars Gabriel Macht (Harvey Spectre), Sarah Rafferty (Donna Paulsen) and Rick Hoffman (Louis Litt).
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019