Just as we were coming to terms with the loss of both Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle to the series, Suits has provided us with a little relief. The USA legal drama has just announced former Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl will be joining the cast in season 8.
According to a press release from the States, Katherine will play a new partner at the Pearson Spectre Litt firm by the name of Samantha Wheeler. And we can expect her to cause quite a stir as the firm's 'greatest ally…or most powerful enemy.'
As a long-time fan, Katherine is excited to be joining the huge show.
She released a statement expressing her joy: "Joining Suits was the perfect organic way to not only collaborate with an EP I admire deeply, but to also become part of a show and cast that I am an immense fan of.
"I have watched Suits from the very beginning and feel incredibly lucky to be the newest member of the Pearson Specter Litt family.'
Aaron Korsh, the creator and man to thank for the beloved show, also released a statement ahead of filming season 8.
"I cannot wait to have her come play with our entire cast and crew," said Aaron. "Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Harvey, Louis, Donna and Alex as the mysterious Samantha Wheeler is a direct threat to their status quo."
Katherine, who won an Emmy for her Grey's Anatomy performance as doctor Izzie Stevens, is sure to bring a whole new level of drama to the show through her character Samantha. Ahead of the green light and new additions, season 8 is set to start filming in Toronto in April.
The second-half of season 7 will premiere at the end of March, and will see the departure of Patrick (Mike Ross) and Meghan (Rachel Zane). Their final episode will likely air at the end of April and will focus on Mike and Rachel's wedding.
The show will continue with series regulars Gabriel Macht (Harvey Spectre), Sarah Rafferty (Donna Paulsen) and Rick Hoffman (Louis Litt).
- BodyThis Kiwi mum had a hysterectomy at 30 for her kids
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 2:30pm
- Real LifeKiwi mum Emma Blundell's dying wish for her nephew
Woman's DayToday 12:00pm
- Celebrity NewsMKR NZ's Jay and Sarah reveal how fame almost destroyed their relationship
Woman's DayYesterday 2:00pm
- At homeGive your child's bedroom a fresh look with this colour palette
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsSporting royalty! New photos revealed of Prince George playing football with his school team
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022