He's heeeeeere! Reality TV's golden couple Matilda and Art Green have welcomed their baby son, and they could not be more excited.
The delighted couple announced the news on social media with Matilda posting an image of their tiny new son with the jubilant message, "He's hereeeeee!
"Our beautiful baby boy Milo Kenneth Green arrived on Wednesday evening in our living room just as we planned/hoped, with @art_green delivering him along with our incredible midwife.
"The most incredible experience of my entire life ❤️ We're all loving settling in to our new family of 5 (cats included obviously).
"I promise he does open his eyes sometimes, though not that often currently 😂"
Baby Milo was born at home during a power cut, with Matilda using breathing techniques to "remain calm and strong throughout", reported proud dad, Art. He also said he got to deliver baby Milo, joking that "they are slippery little octopuses when they come out".
Art also took to Instagram to share the happy news, posting an image of Matilda holding their precious new son and writing, "My beautiful wife, and son Milo Green ❤️👪.
"On Wednesday evening during a power cut Matty gave birth naturally in our lounge. She was incredible, using breathing techniques to remain calm and strong throughout.
"I even got to deliver the little guy. Tell ya what, they are slippery little octopuses when they come out. Everyone is happy and healthy and filled with love."
Milo's arrival has topped a golden year for the couple, who married in a breathtaking wedding ceremony in February on Waiheke Island and announced at their wedding that they were going to become parents.
Matilda revealed to Woman's Day, "Art and I are absolutely over the moon. We always knew we wanted to start a family, but never imagined we'd be lucky enough to share our special day with our wee son or daughter. It's truly so special to have all three of us here."
Art even included a mention of their wee one in his wedding vows: "Today, not only do I marry my best friend, but also the mother of our baby – I must be the luckiest man alive. We can't wait to tell our little one how they were such a special part of Mum and Dad's perfect wedding day."
They found out in April that they were expecting a boy.
"We are so bloody excited!" Matilda declared.
Matilda and Art met four years ago on Three's reality-romance series The Bachelor New Zealand, with bubbly fan favourite Matilda walking away with Art's final rose. Despite rumours that their relationship away from the cameras was a sham, the couple proved their critics wrong with the relationship growing from strength to strength. Two years later, in September 2017, Art proposed to Matilda during a romantic island getaway in Rarotonga.
"From the very start I liked Matilda … Matilda is and was always the girl for me," Art told Woman's Day.
Matilda added, "I'm over the bloody moon – I didn't know I could even feel this happy. I just want to scream it from the rooftops."
In 2018 they launched a business together, Plate Up, a ready meal home delivery company for people who love food, but hate cooking.
The idea behind it is to provide healthy, nutritious and cost-effective paleo meals for people with busy lifestyles, with both new parents being strong advocates for the paleo way of eating.
- Fashion TrendsThree spring clothing trends to welcome in the warmer weather
Now To LoveToday 4:12pm
- RoyalsThe date of Duchess Catherine and Prince William's tour to Pakistan has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 3:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesSep 21, 2019
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveSep 21, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019