It's been just over a year since Lacey Swanepoel appeared as the reluctant bride on Married at First Sight, attracting online abuse, verbal confrontations in the street and even death threats.
But even now, Lacey says she doesn't regret her TV marriage to Luke Cederman.
"It's like people go, 'This person's on reality TV, so they've opened themselves up to everyone's opinions and thoughts,'" she explains. "But I have an identical twin sister and she had people coming up to her. She didn't like it at all."
When Lacey appeared on MAFS, she was given the nickname "The Boss".
"During our photo shoot, I was asked to put my hands on my hips, which is quite a strong pose, but at the time, I didn't wonder, 'Why am I doing this?' You aren't seeing what other couples are being asked to do. Then suddenly, you see a picture of your face on a billboard with the label 'boss'!"
The public confrontations were so relentless that the Aucklander couldn't even date without her suitor asking about her time on the show.
She tells, "I found it hard finding people who were genuine and it was hard to trust anyone."
She's since met someone, but Lacey, who works in professional services, is playing coy.
"There's someone important in my life. Thankfully, it's been so different from a TV romance."
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am