When news broke that Married At First Sight dream couple Sarah Roza and Telv Williams had ended their on-screen marriage, everyone was heartbroken.
But no-one more so than groom Telv, who was immediately painted as a villain in the aftermath.
The hunky MAFS star, 33, has been accused of abandoning Sarah to party, taking her money and dumping her on Valentine's Day.
Oh, and also body shaming his ex-wife for reportedly being "too fat".
Hitting back at the claims, Telv breaks his silence for the first time since the split during a heartfelt chat with NW magazine.
"I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I put it all out there and really tried to make the marriage work," Telv tells NW exclusively. "I would never belittle anyone over their weight – especially a woman. Sarah isn't even fat... I'm the chubby one! I'd never do that."
Responding to claims he "borrowed money he never paid back" from Sarah while apparently treating her home like a hotel, Telv rages, "It's all lies! I have a job that pays quite well and I don't need to borrow money off anybody."
Although their relationship played out like a fairytale on-screen, NW's show insider reveals that over New Year's it all started to fall apart.
"Sarah and Telv actually broke up several times throughout filming, but show bosses begged them to put on a united front," our source tells us.
"Sarah told producers she was upset when Telv went to the gym and felt abandoned – and there was a big disagreement about how much time they should be spending together. Telv realised enough was enough when she said to him, 'I want you to love me as much as you love your children. I want to be on the same level.' That was a massive red flag for Telv."
Tempers reached boiling point, though, just before filming the reunion episodes and producers called them in for an emergency three-hour counselling session after they discovered Sarah dumped Telv via a long text message while he was out with friends.
And the therapy seemed to be a success as the pair patched things up. They spent five days at Sarah's home together in Melbourne to see if they could make things work without the pressures of a camera crew surrounding them.
Things quickly turned sour between the pair, though, when Sarah, 38, apparently "flipped out" at her TV husband after he questioned her intentions for being on the show.
"Sarah would often talk about how they could stay in the spotlight and make money off their appearance on the show, and started screaming at Telv when he brought this up. She was upset and threw his clothes out of her house and told him that was it," the insider shockingly alleges.
"She literally dragged his suitcase out the door and threw it onto the footpath for everyone to see – he was mortified!"
According to NW's source, the pair broke up "four to five times" before the show even went to air, and the source claims the amount of daily phone calls became overwhelming.
"She broke up with him, then wanted to get back with him – she was trying and trying," says the source.
"But Telv had seen a side of her that he didn't like and it was just so hard to come back from."
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am