He failed to find love on the second season of The Bachelor New Zealand, breaking up with his chosen Bachelorette Fleur Verhoeven 48-hours after the final show aired.
But that didn't put him off the franchise, as he put pen to paper and signed up for The Bachelor Winter Games earlier this year where, sadly, he proceeded to get his heart broken. But it seems like Jordan Mauger is hoping the third time will be the charm, as he's just popped up in a promotional video for the next season of Bachelor in Paradise.
Jordan, with his new trademark shaved head, appears at the very end of the drama-filled promo (which you can watch in the player above). He is lying on a beach with one of the Bachelorettes and says "I'll tell you what - Paradise takes its toll on people."
Jordan knows better than others how much of a toll the show can take. He faced a significant amount of backlash after dumping Fleur after his season of The Bachelor NZ aired. What really happened behind the scenes was that he didn't experience sparks with any of the contestants, but had to choose a winner due to contractual obligations. The inevitable break-up with Fleur, however, led to death threats and abuse.
And while The Bachelor Winter Games was supposed to be a bit of fun, which he entered with fellow New Zealand Bachelorettes Lily McManus and Ally Thompson, he left the show heartbroken, telling Woman's Day "I fell hard and it hurt."
Jordan developed instant chemistry with American beauty Bibiana Julian. She even told cameras that he was "everything I ever wanted". But after Jordan asked if she saw a future for the pair beyond the finale, she had no answer and instead broke down, then decided to exit the series.
Jordan developed a great friendship with Lily and Courtney, visiting parts of America with the new couple after Winter Games finished filming, including showing them around his favourite city, New York.
"Jordan's always with us. He'll be with me on my deathbed!" Lily joked to Woman's Day.
Now, Jordan seems to have put all of the heartbreak behind him. He has been having fun in Mexico, where The Bachelor In Paradise was filmed, taking an extended break after filming and posting various envy-inducing images of his holiday.
"The Bachelor NZ is a paragraph in the book which is my life and it's upsetting that it left such a stain," Jordan told Woman's Day earlier this year. "Friends keep reminding me who I am and what I've done, and that's what brought me here.
"Now that I've distanced myself from The Bachelor NZ, people are starting to realise who I really am. It's taken two years, but hopefully I can get back into that space where the old Jordan can be influential and start doing some good."
Here's hoping he can find love third time round.
Season 5 of The Bachelor In Paradise is set to premiere in the States on August 7th. It will be available in New Zealand on August 8 on TVNZ OnDemand.
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019