He failed to find love on the second season of The Bachelor New Zealand, breaking up with his chosen Bachelorette Fleur Verhoeven 48-hours after the final show aired.
But that didn't put him off the franchise, as he put pen to paper and signed up for The Bachelor Winter Games earlier this year where, sadly, he proceeded to get his heart broken. But it seems like Jordan Mauger is hoping the third time will be the charm, as he's just popped up in a promotional video for the next season of Bachelor in Paradise.
Jordan, with his new trademark shaved head, appears at the very end of the drama-filled promo (which you can watch in the player above). He is lying on a beach with one of the Bachelorettes and says "I'll tell you what - Paradise takes its toll on people."
Jordan knows better than others how much of a toll the show can take. He faced a significant amount of backlash after dumping Fleur after his season of The Bachelor NZ aired. What really happened behind the scenes was that he didn't experience sparks with any of the contestants, but had to choose a winner due to contractual obligations. The inevitable break-up with Fleur, however, led to death threats and abuse.
And while The Bachelor Winter Games was supposed to be a bit of fun, which he entered with fellow New Zealand Bachelorettes Lily McManus and Ally Thompson, he left the show heartbroken, telling Woman's Day "I fell hard and it hurt."
Jordan developed instant chemistry with American beauty Bibiana Julian. She even told cameras that he was "everything I ever wanted". But after Jordan asked if she saw a future for the pair beyond the finale, she had no answer and instead broke down, then decided to exit the series.
Jordan developed a great friendship with Lily and Courtney, visiting parts of America with the new couple after Winter Games finished filming, including showing them around his favourite city, New York.
"Jordan's always with us. He'll be with me on my deathbed!" Lily joked to Woman's Day.
Now, Jordan seems to have put all of the heartbreak behind him. He has been having fun in Mexico, where The Bachelor In Paradise was filmed, taking an extended break after filming and posting various envy-inducing images of his holiday.
"The Bachelor NZ is a paragraph in the book which is my life and it's upsetting that it left such a stain," Jordan told Woman's Day earlier this year. "Friends keep reminding me who I am and what I've done, and that's what brought me here.
"Now that I've distanced myself from The Bachelor NZ, people are starting to realise who I really am. It's taken two years, but hopefully I can get back into that space where the old Jordan can be influential and start doing some good."
Here's hoping he can find love third time round.
Season 5 of The Bachelor In Paradise is set to premiere in the States on August 7th. It will be available in New Zealand on August 8 on TVNZ OnDemand.
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019