Speaking candidly for a podcast with The Spinoff, season two star Jordan Mauger revealed he tossed a coin to choose between his final two women.
“When it came down to the final, I was so uncertain who was going to win,” he said on The Real Pod.
With both Fleur Verhoeven and Nazanin Khanjani waiting to find out their fate, Jordan said he was “strongly encouraged” to choose one or the other.
“The first helicopter was waiting and they [the producers] said, ‘who are they putting in it?’, so I flipped a coin,” he told The Spinoff, eventually choosing Fleur as his final pick.
Bachelor fans will remember Jordan’s season as delivering some of the most dramatic moments ever – with many of those coming to light after the show had finished airing.
Jordan and Fleur split two days after the finale went to air (and one day after an explosive Women Tell All episode) with Fleur announcing the breakup during a televised interview.
Speaking to The Spinoff about his experience on the show, Jordan says he “knew it was very likely it wouldn’t work out with anybody”.
“But if you sign up to something, you see it through,” he said.
For their part, Mediaworks say they were “surprised” to learn of the coin toss, “but ultimately the decision was [Jordan’s] own and how he got there was his choice”.
With Three announcing today that the Bachelorettes will be reuniting for another Women Tell All episode this year, fans will have to wait and see whether any more inside goss will be revealed from behind the scenes.
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019