Speaking candidly for a podcast with The Spinoff, season two star Jordan Mauger revealed he tossed a coin to choose between his final two women.
“When it came down to the final, I was so uncertain who was going to win,” he said on The Real Pod.
With both Fleur Verhoeven and Nazanin Khanjani waiting to find out their fate, Jordan said he was “strongly encouraged” to choose one or the other.
“The first helicopter was waiting and they [the producers] said, ‘who are they putting in it?’, so I flipped a coin,” he told The Spinoff, eventually choosing Fleur as his final pick.
Bachelor fans will remember Jordan’s season as delivering some of the most dramatic moments ever – with many of those coming to light after the show had finished airing.
Jordan and Fleur split two days after the finale went to air (and one day after an explosive Women Tell All episode) with Fleur announcing the breakup during a televised interview.
Speaking to The Spinoff about his experience on the show, Jordan says he “knew it was very likely it wouldn’t work out with anybody”.
“But if you sign up to something, you see it through,” he said.
For their part, Mediaworks say they were “surprised” to learn of the coin toss, “but ultimately the decision was [Jordan’s] own and how he got there was his choice”.
With Three announcing today that the Bachelorettes will be reuniting for another Women Tell All episode this year, fans will have to wait and see whether any more inside goss will be revealed from behind the scenes.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am