She caught his eye from the first night, stepping out of the car in a – very fitting – rose embellished gown, and from that moment on it was clear Viarni Bright and Zac Franich were smitten with each other.
Their chemistry never wavered, and after weeks of extravagant dates and romantic getaways it was the stunning 22-year-old from Tauranga who received The Bachelor’s final rose – and an impressive sparkler.
Standing before Viarni, a knockout in a form-fitting tangerine two-piece, the 28-year-old surf life-saving coach finally shared how he truly felt.
“From the first time I saw you, I just felt this little spark, and by the end of the first night you had stolen away a little piece of my heart,” said Zac.
“You are a confident, kind, caring, beautiful girl – and that’s the kind of girl I want to walk down the street with and hold her hand,” he continued, presenting her with the ring.
Struggling to contain her happiness, the brunette beauty gushed, “You and this whole thing, and the feelings that I’ve developed has exceeded everything that could’ve happened,” she said. “It’s scary, but this is it – it’s you and me.”
With Zac’s final life-changing choice made, it was Lily McManus who was left broken-hearted when the Bachelor had to let her go.
“I can’t quite get past thinking that right now, I don’t think I’m the right guy for you,” he said. “I talked to you about not wanting to cage a butterfly and you’re absolutely right, I couldn’t, even if I wanted to, and I guess I just feel that you’ve still got some spreading of your wings to do.”
Though she appeared composed, the loveable Aussie larrikin, whose connection with Zac developed more slowly over the series, was noticeably subdued.
“I completely understand,” she told Zac, “I’ve had the most amazing time and you are the most amazing person.”
Now that the whirlwind of the show is over, Zac and Viarni say they're looking forward to a "normal" relationship and being able to be together in public.
"It's horrible not letting the people you care about the most know that you have found someone you really care about, and that you're with them. It's been really difficult," Viarni revealed.
Since the show ended, Zac says they've been "taking it slow" and enjoying each other's company, and both are looking forward to seeing where their future will take them.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019