It's no secret that the Duchess of Sussex has a penchant for writing, from her days running her lifestyle blog The Tig, to her impeccable calligraphy skills to her most recent stint as guest editor of the anticipated September issue of British Vogue.
And now, according to the Sunday Times, Meghan has set her sights on a new venture, apparently eager to have a new publishing project under her belt: a children's book.
If the reports ring true, Meghan will follow in the footsteps of her father-in-law Charles, The Prince of Wales, who wrote The Old Man of Lochnagar, a tale of an old man who lived on a mountain overlooking Balmoral Castle, as well as Sarah Ferguson, who is known for her Little Red series.
According to the publication Meghan could be writing "an endearing tale inspired by her own dogs."
Meghan and Harry currently own two dogs – a rescue beagle named Guy, who moved to London with Meghan and a new puppy believed to be a Labrador retriever whose name is not yet known.
It's thought the new project could be in collaboration with animal charity Mayhew, of which she is a royal patron.
The project would certainly make sense considering she's recently announced she will be launching a clothing collection which will benefit another of her patronages, Smart Works.
In fact, the royal couple's rescue pup Guy already has his very own book dedicated to him titled is Royal Dogness, Guy the Beagle: The Rebarkable True Story of Meghan Markle's Rescue Dog, which was published last year, however Meghan wasn't associated with it.
Earlier this year the Duchess also penned the foreword for The Mayhew's annual review, in which she discussed her personal joy at adopting rescue animals.
"As a proud rescue dog owner, I know from personal experience the joy that adopting an animal into your home can bring," Meghan wrote.
"The role that we, as people, play in rehoming and rescuing these animals is vital, but the role of organisations such as Mayhew is unparalleled."
Later adding: "The choice to adopt a pet is a decision that comes with much responsibility but infinite return on investment. It will undoubtedly change your life."
If Meghan is indeed planning a children's book, it won't be the Duchess' first foray into book publishing.
Last year the new royal lent a hand with a charity cookbook created by those affected by London's Grenfell Tower tragedy.
Titled Together, the community kitchen cookbook showcases over 50 recipes from women whose community was affected by the Grenfell fire with the aim to celebrate the power that cooking has in bringing people together.
All the proceeds made go to the Hubb Community Kitchen, a communal kitchen at the Al Manaar Centre in West London, which sated as a place where victims of the fire could prepare food for their families and friends.
Buckingham Palace is yet to address the rumours of the Duchess' new venture, so we'll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020