I'll admit it outright. Before it emerged in the autumn of 2016 that Suits actress Meghan Markle had been quietly dating Prince Harry for a couple of months, I had precisely zero awareness of The Tig, Markle's lifestyle blog or - as she put it - her hub for the discerning palette.
But as the old adage goes, you don't know what you've got until it's gone, and ever since the site was excised from the web (presumably at the request of Kensington Palace) and taken off Instagram, The Tig has become a source of fascination.
What does 'Tig' mean? Did it have an internship programme? Did Meghan Markle spend her evenings consulting Google Analytics for the site while sipping on its namesake wine?
Sadly, we'll probably never know, but thanks to archiving tool The Wayback Machine, we can take a look at a handful of Meghan's old posts for some unexpected insights into her attitude to life...
In the introduction to the Liz edition of her Tig Talk interview franchise, Meghan even mentions the British star's role in The Royals, a guilty pleasure drama based on the exploits of a fictional European monarchy...
The name of her former meditation guru? Light. Just Light. Here's hoping he's summoned over to the palace some time soon.
"There's something about the technicality of it that stifles my inner rebel; no dash of this or extra spoonful of that," she writes. Don't expect to see the Duchess starring on celebrity Bake Off any time soon, then.
Or, as Meghan puts it, a moment of 'getting it.' The inaugural Tig moment came when she first sipped Tignanello wine - makes sense now, doesn't it?
We're now picturing Meghan as she artfully strews the surfaces of Nottingham Cottage with Audrey Hepburn photobooks and succulents, to Harry's slight bemusement.
Elizabeth Gilbert, you have so much to answer for.
Meg, MM, M&M and Flower. We wonder if the Queen uses any of them...
Or, at least, a Sophie Ellis-Bextor tune once graced one of her pick-me-up playlists on The Tig. Here's hoping it was Murder On The Dancefloor.
Going to the cinema on your own, taking yourself out for dinner, solo holidays - Meghan's a fan of all three.
Which probably explains how she looked so radiant in minimal make-up on her wedding day...
We'll need a few minutes to get our head around that one, but according to La Markle, it "combines two of every lady's classic loves, wine and chocolate". Who are we to question?
Via our sister site Grazia.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019