I'll admit it outright. Before it emerged in the autumn of 2016 that Suits actress Meghan Markle had been quietly dating Prince Harry for a couple of months, I had precisely zero awareness of The Tig, Markle's lifestyle blog or - as she put it - her hub for the discerning palette.
But as the old adage goes, you don't know what you've got until it's gone, and ever since the site was excised from the web (presumably at the request of Kensington Palace) and taken off Instagram, The Tig has become a source of fascination.
What does 'Tig' mean? Did it have an internship programme? Did Meghan Markle spend her evenings consulting Google Analytics for the site while sipping on its namesake wine?
Sadly, we'll probably never know, but thanks to archiving tool The Wayback Machine, we can take a look at a handful of Meghan's old posts for some unexpected insights into her attitude to life...
In the introduction to the Liz edition of her Tig Talk interview franchise, Meghan even mentions the British star's role in The Royals, a guilty pleasure drama based on the exploits of a fictional European monarchy...
The name of her former meditation guru? Light. Just Light. Here's hoping he's summoned over to the palace some time soon.
"There's something about the technicality of it that stifles my inner rebel; no dash of this or extra spoonful of that," she writes. Don't expect to see the Duchess starring on celebrity Bake Off any time soon, then.
Or, as Meghan puts it, a moment of 'getting it.' The inaugural Tig moment came when she first sipped Tignanello wine - makes sense now, doesn't it?
We're now picturing Meghan as she artfully strews the surfaces of Nottingham Cottage with Audrey Hepburn photobooks and succulents, to Harry's slight bemusement.
Elizabeth Gilbert, you have so much to answer for.
Meg, MM, M&M and Flower. We wonder if the Queen uses any of them...
Or, at least, a Sophie Ellis-Bextor tune once graced one of her pick-me-up playlists on The Tig. Here's hoping it was Murder On The Dancefloor.
Going to the cinema on your own, taking yourself out for dinner, solo holidays - Meghan's a fan of all three.
Which probably explains how she looked so radiant in minimal make-up on her wedding day...
We'll need a few minutes to get our head around that one, but according to La Markle, it "combines two of every lady's classic loves, wine and chocolate". Who are we to question?
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019