I'll admit it outright. Before it emerged in the autumn of 2016 that Suits actress Meghan Markle had been quietly dating Prince Harry for a couple of months, I had precisely zero awareness of The Tig, Markle's lifestyle blog or - as she put it - her hub for the discerning palette.
But as the old adage goes, you don't know what you've got until it's gone, and ever since the site was excised from the web (presumably at the request of Kensington Palace) and taken off Instagram, The Tig has become a source of fascination.
What does 'Tig' mean? Did it have an internship programme? Did Meghan Markle spend her evenings consulting Google Analytics for the site while sipping on its namesake wine?
Sadly, we'll probably never know, but thanks to archiving tool The Wayback Machine, we can take a look at a handful of Meghan's old posts for some unexpected insights into her attitude to life...
In the introduction to the Liz edition of her Tig Talk interview franchise, Meghan even mentions the British star's role in The Royals, a guilty pleasure drama based on the exploits of a fictional European monarchy...
The name of her former meditation guru? Light. Just Light. Here's hoping he's summoned over to the palace some time soon.
"There's something about the technicality of it that stifles my inner rebel; no dash of this or extra spoonful of that," she writes. Don't expect to see the Duchess starring on celebrity Bake Off any time soon, then.
Or, as Meghan puts it, a moment of 'getting it.' The inaugural Tig moment came when she first sipped Tignanello wine - makes sense now, doesn't it?
We're now picturing Meghan as she artfully strews the surfaces of Nottingham Cottage with Audrey Hepburn photobooks and succulents, to Harry's slight bemusement.
Elizabeth Gilbert, you have so much to answer for.
Meg, MM, M&M and Flower. We wonder if the Queen uses any of them...
Or, at least, a Sophie Ellis-Bextor tune once graced one of her pick-me-up playlists on The Tig. Here's hoping it was Murder On The Dancefloor.
Going to the cinema on your own, taking yourself out for dinner, solo holidays - Meghan's a fan of all three.
Which probably explains how she looked so radiant in minimal make-up on her wedding day...
We'll need a few minutes to get our head around that one, but according to La Markle, it "combines two of every lady's classic loves, wine and chocolate". Who are we to question?
Via our sister site Grazia.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am