US pop star Katy Perry has pulled out all the stops to announce her pregnancy, sharing the news in her brand new music video for the song Never Worn White which was released today at 6pm, New Zealand time.
The 35-year-old who is engaged to British actor Orlando Bloom, 43, confirmed her pregnancy in the music video where she's seen cradling her burgeoning baby bump side-on to the camera in a sheer dress.
The singer took to Twitter just minutes after the video was released joking she was relieved she didn't have to keep the happy news a secret any longer.
"Omg so glad I don't have to suck it in anymore," Katy tweeted.
Adding, "Or carry a big purse lol."
The Firework singer also excitedly discussed the news on an Instagram live beaming: "Let's call it a reveal. There's a lot that will be happening to me this summer.
"Not only will I be giving birth - literally and figuratively. Go watch the music video to watch what's very true."
Adding, "I'm so excited, we're excited and we're happy - and that's probably the longest secret I've ever had to keep. I knew I would tell you in the best way, which is through a piece of music because that's how I speak to you."
The exciting news comes just hours after the Small Talk singer sparked pregnancy rumours when she posted a teaser of the video clip featuring a moment where she's seen dressed in all-white and cradling her stomach which looked to be protruding.
The short clip also seemed to feature an homage to Beyonce's pregnancy announcement, with Katy wearing a floral outfit similar to the background of Bey's now iconic image when she was expecting her twins Rumi and Sir.
Along with preparing for the arrival of their first child together, Katy and Orlando, who also has a son from his previous marriage to Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr, are currently planning their wedding.
The couple first went public with their relationship in 2016 and then briefly split in 2017, but it seems they were meant-to-be, with the celebrity couple reuniting and Orlando proposing to Katy on Valentine's Day last year.
According to Page Six the parents-to-be are planning to hold their ceremony in Japan in June.
Katy is reportedly she's planning a more low-key wedding this time, after a lavish wedding in India to her ex-husband Russell Brand.
Last week the pop star revealed to Stella Magazine that she thinks of herself more of a "bride-chilla" than a "bridezilla".
"Orlando and I are united with our approach," she said.
"It's not about the party it's about the coming together of people who will hold us accountable when things get really hard. Those are just the facts when you're with someone who challenges you to be your best self."
Congratulations Katy and Orlando!
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020