Katie Holmes has taken her daughter Suri to visit a refugee camp in Greece, and revealed a heartwarming image of Suri playing with one of the children from the camp.
Katie is a global ambassador for Artolution, a community-based public art organisation that "seeks to ignite positive social change through collaborative art making".
She and 12-year-old Suri, who share a tight bond, went with Artolution to the Moria refugee camp in Lesbos, Greece, where they spent time creating art and connecting with the women and children at the camp.
Katie posted on social media a beautiful picture of Suri playing clapping games with one of the children from the camp. Suri looks happy and relaxed as she makes herself the same height as the child she is playing with, by balancing on her knees.
"I am so grateful for this experience of working with and getting to know these incredible women in #moriarefugeecamp their hearts are so kind ❤️," Katie shared on social media.
"I love these women who became our friends as we collaborated on many different projects this week. I am so very grateful for this experience. The resilience of these women is so profound and truly inspiring to witness. and I pray for refugees everywhere," she wrote on Instagram.
Artolution facilitates projects around the world that connect diverse peoples in order to address common social objectives.
It explains on its website, "Our projects bring together children, families, local artists, educators and community groups. Our main objective is to address critical issues related to armed conflict, trauma and social marginalisation by cultivating sustainable global initiatives that promote reconciliation, healing and resilience."
Holmes shared a photo of herself and Suri with Artolution co-founder Max Frieder, among others, outside Moria.
"Wonderful to spend time with such beautiful souls," she wrote.
Not one to put herself in the limelight, Katie Holmes rarely shares snippets about her life on social media. But this mother-daughter trip was clearly for a good cause.
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveToday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveYesterday 4:20pm
- BodyThe developments in cancer research that are giving the experts hope
- Married at First SightMAFS' expert Mel Schilling admits drama comes into play in the matchmaking process
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- RoyalsThe Queen and Prince Charles release emotional statements following the fire of Notre-Dame Cathedral
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019
- RoyalsIs Duchess Meghan writing her own Instagram posts? These royal commentators think so
Now To LoveApr 16, 2019