Footage of a road rage incident that went viral after it was posted to Facebook this week has sparked an angry social media backlash.
The video was posted by Victorian motorist Jake Mandas on Wednesday night, and has now been seen over 3.5 million times.
It shows a woman pulling up to a set of traffic lights and verbally unleashing on Mandas, who filmed the incident on his mobile phone.
The 23-year-old claims he did nothing to incite the woman’s angry tirade.
"You'll pull out and cause an accident! Take my photo, you're the one that pulled out, and I've got your car number!
"You'll cause an accident! Yeah! Record it! Two can play at your game!" the woman can be heard yelling.
Mid-rant, Mandas, who is also a film-maker, flips the camera around to show his somewhat bemused reaction, before continuing to film the incident.
However, it’s not the woman’s words which have caused the video to go viral; it’s her shrieking delivery that makes what she is saying almost unintelligible.
The video was posted with a caption that read: “I didn’t even cut this person off and look at this ancient language I was spoken too in.”
Aside from the video's many views, it’s also been commented on over 53,000 times.
While it’s gotten plenty of support, there are also some who’ve hit out at the film-maker saying his video, along with his reaction, could be making fun of a person who may be suffering with mental illness.
Mandas claims he wasn't trying to make fun of the woman at all, saying he was the one that was abused.
“Deadset?" he wrote on Facebook, I’m making fun of someone with mental illness.. I took a video of someone abusing me while I was driving.. relax a little lol.”
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020