Real Life

A scary time of my life

I popped the 32nd pill into my mouth and swallowed it. But it was only when I ended up in hospital that I began to realise the enormity of what I’d done. After being extremely ill, I started to come around and found my mother sitting beside me. Two drips had been inserted into one of my arms and every few hours needles were poked into the other arm.

The doctor told me that if I hadn’t have been found so soon I would have suffered liver failure and ended up needing a transplant. Everyone was so worried. Lying on the hospital bed, I have never been so scared in my life.

Now that I’ve recovered, I look back and ask myself, “Did I really do that?” Now it’s my mission to stop other teenagers from doing the same thing. Submitted by Samantha

Related stories