It's a day Steve Irwin would have given the world to be at.
And while his beautiful daughter Bindi (21) and her fiancé Chandler Powell (22) prepare to tie the knot at her family's beloved Australia Zoo – with Bindi even sharing a sneak peek of her wedding dress on Instagram – it seems her special moment will be marred by the continuing fallout from his tragic death.
Key members of the Irwin clan, including Steve's father Bob and sister Joy, won't be among the revellers, after it was revealed the family has been locked in a bitter feud since Steve died in 2006.
Joy claims Steve's widow Terri (55) "forced" her and Bob out of Australia Zoo after Steve was killed by a stingray, and says the two sides of the family haven't spoken since.
"I keep away from all that," she says. "It's just very sad... family stuff."
Bob (80) has even given up hope of an invitation to the big day, which will be held at the zoo sometime next year.
"To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't expect to be invited to the wedding," he says.
"Much the same way as any other parent or grandparent, I would wish them all the best – which I do – and hope things go really, really well," he says, adding that he's written a letter to his granddaughter expressing his congratulations, but has yet to receive a reply.
Bob and his first wife Judy founded the zoo in 1970 and happily ran the property with Steve and Terri until 2004, when full ownership was handed to the young couple.
It's reported that the original source of the falling out was Bob's disapproval of the "commercialisation" of the zoo after Steve's death, and Terri's alleged drive to promote Bindi and her younger brother Robert (15) as celebrities.
But Bindi has blamed her grandfather's reluctance to continue a relationship on the fierce pain he felt after Steve was killed.
"Everyone deals with grief differently," she says.
"When my dad passed away, [Bob] chose to distance himself from everything that Dad loved the most… We're really just respecting his wishes."
However, Steve would be incredibly proud of his kids, who share a close bond – with Robert even preparing to walk his sister down the aisle.
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince William reminisces about his proposal to Duchess Catherine in a speech at Buckingham Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 2:55pm
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveYesterday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveYesterday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveJan 20, 2020
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 20, 2020
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesJan 20, 2020