It's a day Steve Irwin would have given the world to be at.
And while his beautiful daughter Bindi (21) and her fiancé Chandler Powell (22) prepare to tie the knot at her family's beloved Australia Zoo – with Bindi even sharing a sneak peek of her wedding dress on Instagram – it seems her special moment will be marred by the continuing fallout from his tragic death.
Key members of the Irwin clan, including Steve's father Bob and sister Joy, won't be among the revellers, after it was revealed the family has been locked in a bitter feud since Steve died in 2006.
Joy claims Steve's widow Terri (55) "forced" her and Bob out of Australia Zoo after Steve was killed by a stingray, and says the two sides of the family haven't spoken since.
"I keep away from all that," she says. "It's just very sad... family stuff."
Bob (80) has even given up hope of an invitation to the big day, which will be held at the zoo sometime next year.
"To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't expect to be invited to the wedding," he says.
"Much the same way as any other parent or grandparent, I would wish them all the best – which I do – and hope things go really, really well," he says, adding that he's written a letter to his granddaughter expressing his congratulations, but has yet to receive a reply.
Bob and his first wife Judy founded the zoo in 1970 and happily ran the property with Steve and Terri until 2004, when full ownership was handed to the young couple.
It's reported that the original source of the falling out was Bob's disapproval of the "commercialisation" of the zoo after Steve's death, and Terri's alleged drive to promote Bindi and her younger brother Robert (15) as celebrities.
But Bindi has blamed her grandfather's reluctance to continue a relationship on the fierce pain he felt after Steve was killed.
"Everyone deals with grief differently," she says.
"When my dad passed away, [Bob] chose to distance himself from everything that Dad loved the most… We're really just respecting his wishes."
However, Steve would be incredibly proud of his kids, who share a close bond – with Robert even preparing to walk his sister down the aisle.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021