When Bindi Irwin marries the love of her life, Chandler Powell, the absence of her late father, passionate conservationist Steve Irwin, will be keenly felt by the family.
It was Steve who, undoubtedly, would have proudly walked his daughter down the aisle - would Bindi ask someone else to fill those very big shoes?'
As it turns out, we have not had to wait long for that question to be answered. Bindi has revealed that in the place of her late father her younger brother Robert, 15, will walk her down the aisle.
Bindi shared the news in a heartfelt message on social media, saying: "Dad, You would be so incredibly proud of Robert. He has been such an amazing support during this beautiful new life chapter.
"I know you'd be beaming with pride when the time comes that he walks me down the aisle. I wish you could be here for these moments, but I know that your spirit lives on in us ❤️"
Chandler proposed to Bindi on her 21st birthday on July 24th - popping the question at Australia Zoo where the couple first met six years ago, and where Bindi's parents Steve and Terri Irwin also met before them.
Bindi shared the news in an emotional post on social media, saying, "July 24th 2019 ❤️ On my birthday I said 'yes' and 'forever' to the love of my life.
"Chandler, close to 6 years ago I fell in love with you and every day since has been a whirlwind of adventure and true happiness. I'm so looking forwarding to spending our forever together as your wife. Here's to a lifetime of friendship, purpose and unconditional love. — Now let's get married already!"
We also found out that Robert had a big part to play in the couple's engagement, helping Chandler plan the special moment and then waiting, concealed in the garden with his camera, to capture the entire proposal on film.
Bindi said she "never even knew Robert was there photographing".
"I'll always be grateful to have these special memories of the most amazing day of my life."
Robert, Bindi and their mother Terri Irwin have remained incredibly close since the tragic loss of their father and husband. Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray in 2006 and the trio has worked tirelessly to continue his legacy.
Bindi told The Australian Women's Weekly in 2017 that she felt that her father would have wholeheartedly approved of Chandler.
"We all think Dad would have loved Chandler," she said.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021