It was dubbed the "wedding of the year", and Beauden Barrett and Hannah Laity's big day certainly lived up to the hype!
The glamour couple of New Zealand rugby tied the knot in front of 180 close friends and family at the luxurious Hurakia Lodge on Rakino Island, in Auckland's Hauraki Gulf on Saturday – and Woman's Day has exclusive coverage of the offical photos and wedding story.
Wellington-based Beauden, 27, and Hannah, 24, a chartered accountant, have been together for five years, and ever since the Hurricanes hero proposed to the woman he describes as "the girl of my dreams" in Fiji a year ago, there's been intense public interest and speculation about the wedding day.
Well, Woman's Day was there and we can tell you it was a lavish affair, that Beauden describes as "the best day of my life".
Editor-in-Chief Sido Kitchin says, "After great anticipation, Auckland turned on a magic day for the most opulent and stylish New Zealand celebrity wedding we've ever seen. The sun shone bright, Rakino was beautiful and the venue so elegantly styled – classic and modern as Hannah had hoped for.
"As they pledged their love and devotion to each other in a romantic ceremony, Beauden looked immaculate in a black Working Style suit, and Hannah was stunning in a figure-hugging white gown by Pallas Couture. It really was the happiest of days, and I'm sure Woman's Day readers will relish the chance to share in the celebration.
"Beauden is one of the most-loved New Zealand sporstmen and has brought Kiwis such national pride with his incredible ability on the rugby field – but he's still a humble guy from Taranaki, and I think that's why we love him. He appreciates the public interest in his wedding day from supporters and I'm thrilled he made the considered decision to share the happy occasion with Woman's Day readers."
Celebrity guests included Beauden's fellow All Black teammates past and present; Israel Dagg and his wife Daisy, Sam Whitelock, Julian Savea and wife Fatima, as well as Aaron Smith, Dane Coles, Luke Romano, Brodie Retallick, Damien MacKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown and of course, Beauden's brothers Scott and Jordie Barrett.
See the full official wedding photos and read all about Beauden and Hannah's big day in this week's Woman's Day - on sale in the North Island on Monday, and South Island on Tuesday.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020