All Black pinup Beauden Barrett has popped the question to his long-time love Hannah Laity while on holiday in Fiji.
Barrett took to Instagram to share the happy news.
"She's a tough one to surprise but I got her good this time. Thankfully she said yes!" he wrote.
His new fiancee described it as the best day of her life and posted a photo proudly showing off the stunning pear shaped diamond ring.
"Yesterday, the best day of my life so far. Thank you for making me so happy, I feel like the luckiest girl alive" she gushed.
They had already been holidaying in Fiji for a few days with family when Barrett took Laity completely by surprise, whisking her away to Tokoriki Island Resort where he planned to propose, even packing her bag for the getaway.
Laity said she was "totally shook" by the gesture and joked that his choice of clothes for her was "interesting".
The pair have been together four years, and Laity playfully refers to them as Beaudannah.
"You really are the most remarkable human being and without a doubt the better half of Beaudannah" she posted in August on their four year anniversary.
It's been a whirlwind few months for the pair. Barrett spent November in the UK and France on the All Blacks end of year tour, where Laity joined him. They immediately jetted to Monaco for the World Rugby Awards where he scooped player of the year for the second year running.
They then jetted to Japan on All Blacks duties and then Vietnam for a holiday, returning to New Zealand for Christmas, spending it in Beauden's hometown of New Plymouth. Then Byron Bay in Sydney, the Gold Coast for new year and then Fiji.
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019