"Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. Good marriages don't just happen. They are a product of hard work."
These are the wise words of Michelle Obama, who also happens to have been happily married to her husband, former-President of the United States Barack Obama, for going on 26 years.
Indeed the love between this pair continues to burn bright, with Barack taking to Instagram to profess his adoration for Michelle, 54, with a birthday message that we're sure melted our hearts along with Michelle's.
"You're not only my wife and the mother of my children, you're my best friend," he posted, along with a picture of the two sharing a tender moment together. "I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day."
Michelle lovingly responded: "You're my best friend, biggest fan, and getting notes and flowers from you will never get old."
Scroll through Michelle and Barack's love story in pictures and we DARE you to find a celebrity union that competes with theirs.
1 / 12
Barack and Michelle, both Harvard graduates, met back in 1989 when Michelle, then Michelle Robinson, was assigned as Barack's mentor at law firm Sidely Austin LLP.
2 / 12
They went on their first date a month later, and it was then that Michelle began to learn, and love, everything about her now-husband. "He showed all the sides - he was hip, cutting edge, cultural, sensitive. The fountain - nice touch. The walk - patient,"she says.
3 / 12
The pair married on October 3, 1992, and Barack couldn't be happier with his bride of 26 years. "The quality I love most about her is, she's honest and genuine," he says.
4 / 12
In 1998, Barack and Michelle's eldest daughter, Malia, was born - fittingly on July 4, 1998 - Independence Day in the United States. Sasha (full nane Natasha) was born on July 10, 2001.
5 / 12
Three years later, their familial political journey began, with Barack being elected into the US Senate. Four years on, Barack was elected the 44th President of the United States, with Michelle becoming the country's First Lady.
6 / 12
But just because they live their lives in the public eye doesn't mean that they shy away from showing their love for each other.
7 / 12
Let's take a moment to appreciate this candid, intimate moment between Barack and Michelle...
8 / 12
"Roses are red, violets are blue. You are the president and I am your boo," Michelle lovingly joked of her husband during his Presidency.
9 / 12
"If you were going to list the 100 most popular things that I have done as president, being married to Michelle Obama is number one," Barack says.
10 / 12
The two are clearly inseparable...
11 / 12
And Barack even doubles as a personal photographer/Instagram boyfriend for Michelle!
12 / 12
We don't know a love quite as strong as theirs.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayToday 4:40pm
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveToday 3:10pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveToday 11:55am
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerTina Turner reflects on her roller coaster life and the peace that has come with retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CareerSocial media parody queen Celeste Barber on unexpected fame and where she draws the line
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin a wireless headphone prizepack thanks to JBL and The Australian Women's Weekly
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 7:00am
- RelationshipsYellow Wiggle Emma Watkins has a new boyfriend - and she didn't have to go far to find him
Now To LoveYesterday 4:26pm
- Diet & NutritionHere are five health foods we’re set to be eating more of in 2020
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Career'I wasn't expecting that': New podcast explores tricky issues for women in 40s and 50s
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- FamilyNZ's smallest couple: Meet our Christmas miracle baby
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace responds to Virginia Roberts' claims about Prince Andrew
Now To LoveDec 03, 2019