"Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. Good marriages don't just happen. They are a product of hard work."
These are the wise words of Michelle Obama, who also happens to have been happily married to her husband, former-President of the United States Barack Obama, for going on 26 years.
Indeed the love between this pair continues to burn bright, with Barack taking to Instagram to profess his adoration for Michelle, 54, with a birthday message that we're sure melted our hearts along with Michelle's.
"You're not only my wife and the mother of my children, you're my best friend," he posted, along with a picture of the two sharing a tender moment together. "I love your strength, your grace, and your determination. And I love you more each day."
Michelle lovingly responded: "You're my best friend, biggest fan, and getting notes and flowers from you will never get old."
Scroll through Michelle and Barack's love story in pictures and we DARE you to find a celebrity union that competes with theirs.
1 / 12
Barack and Michelle, both Harvard graduates, met back in 1989 when Michelle, then Michelle Robinson, was assigned as Barack's mentor at law firm Sidely Austin LLP.
2 / 12
They went on their first date a month later, and it was then that Michelle began to learn, and love, everything about her now-husband. "He showed all the sides - he was hip, cutting edge, cultural, sensitive. The fountain - nice touch. The walk - patient,"she says.
3 / 12
The pair married on October 3, 1992, and Barack couldn't be happier with his bride of 26 years. "The quality I love most about her is, she's honest and genuine," he says.
4 / 12
In 1998, Barack and Michelle's eldest daughter, Malia, was born - fittingly on July 4, 1998 - Independence Day in the United States. Sasha (full nane Natasha) was born on July 10, 2001.
5 / 12
Three years later, their familial political journey began, with Barack being elected into the US Senate. Four years on, Barack was elected the 44th President of the United States, with Michelle becoming the country's First Lady.
6 / 12
But just because they live their lives in the public eye doesn't mean that they shy away from showing their love for each other.
7 / 12
Let's take a moment to appreciate this candid, intimate moment between Barack and Michelle...
8 / 12
"Roses are red, violets are blue. You are the president and I am your boo," Michelle lovingly joked of her husband during his Presidency.
9 / 12
"If you were going to list the 100 most popular things that I have done as president, being married to Michelle Obama is number one," Barack says.
10 / 12
The two are clearly inseparable...
11 / 12
And Barack even doubles as a personal photographer/Instagram boyfriend for Michelle!
12 / 12
We don't know a love quite as strong as theirs.
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- RelationshipsA body language expert's top tips on how to introduce your new partner to your family
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- FamilyAll Black World Cup dads talk fatherhood and being away from their kids
Now To LoveYesterday 1:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine brought this beloved possession along with her on tour
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RelationshipsPaula and Zane Nicholl: Matched by a radio station and still madly in love 20 years later
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- WeddingsFamily feud: The heartache that looms over Bindi Irwin's wedding
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:46am
- Real LifeHow Gwyneth Paltrow was integral to the fall of Harvey Weinstein
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:39am
- Real LifeA TV series is being made about the case that still grips NZers 25 years on: The Bain murders
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:30am
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveOct 16, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveOct 16, 2019