Michelle Obama has left a lasting legacy from her time in the White House and has garnered international acclaim for her work to reduce childhood obesity in America.
We have collated her top five moments from her time as FLOTUS, but narrowing it down was a tough task.
5. Let’s Move! was a breakout moment for Michelle as the first-ever Task Force on Childhood Obesity was created which revolutionised school lunches and encouraged children to live active and healthy lives.
Higher nutritional standards were set for schools through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which was developed with Michelle's support.
4. Planting the White House vegetable garden solidified the movement started by Laura Bush which encouraged the White House kitchen to only buy and use organic produce.
Michelle is often seen gardening in the plot, and has even hosted foreign dignitaries between rows of vegetables!
3. Her ‘mum dancing’ became an iconic part of her time as First Lady, evening busted a move on TV!
She was joined by Jimmy Fallon to promote Let’s Move! and we can’t help but still laugh at their best moves.
2. The FLOTUS even starred at the Oscars. Well not quite, but she did present the winning Oscar to Argo for Best Picture via satellite link from the White House.
Appearing from the Diplomatic Reception Room in a golden gown, she was a highlight of the night in 2013.
1. Shopping in a pharmacy might not seem fitting for a First Lady, but Michelle isn’t one to shy away from a challenge.
Appearing in a funny video to support friend Ellen DeGeneres, the pair visited a local shop in order to help Michelle acclimatise to the real world.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019