Today it's the birthday of one of our team members and she came in to the office telling us about a genius idea that her New Bus Buddy told her about: on how to really celebrate your birthday in style.
Every week her New Bus Buddy puts $20 in a jar and then on the day of her birthday she gets to open the jar and BLOW IT! After 52 weeks that gives her a total of $1040 - imagine having a day to blow $1000 on whatever you wanted.
It got us fantasising...
Here are 10 things we would blow our birthday money on...
Shout yourself the outfit you've been coveting.
Go all out on beauty treatments.
Don't forget the full body massage...
Take yourself to a very fancy restaurant for lunch.
Champagne for everybody!
Book yourself into a hotel for the day (and UberEATS your favourite restaurant to your bath tub).
Send yourself flowers.
Tour your city by helicopter.
Buy yourself some bling.
There's always room in your life for more shoes.
What about you do?
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020