Today it's the birthday of one of our team members and she came in to the office telling us about a genius idea that her New Bus Buddy told her about: on how to really celebrate your birthday in style.
Every week her New Bus Buddy puts $20 in a jar and then on the day of her birthday she gets to open the jar and BLOW IT! After 52 weeks that gives her a total of $1040 - imagine having a day to blow $1000 on whatever you wanted.
It got us fantasising...
Here are 10 things we would blow our birthday money on...
Shout yourself the outfit you've been coveting.
Go all out on beauty treatments.
Don't forget the full body massage...
Take yourself to a very fancy restaurant for lunch.
Champagne for everybody!
Book yourself into a hotel for the day (and UberEATS your favourite restaurant to your bath tub).
Send yourself flowers.
Tour your city by helicopter.
Buy yourself some bling.
There's always room in your life for more shoes.
What about you do?
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019