Today it's the birthday of one of our team members and she came in to the office telling us about a genius idea that her New Bus Buddy told her about: on how to really celebrate your birthday in style.
Every week her New Bus Buddy puts $20 in a jar and then on the day of her birthday she gets to open the jar and BLOW IT! After 52 weeks that gives her a total of $1040 - imagine having a day to blow $1000 on whatever you wanted.
It got us fantasising...
Here are 10 things we would blow our birthday money on...
Shout yourself the outfit you've been coveting.
Go all out on beauty treatments.
Don't forget the full body massage...
Take yourself to a very fancy restaurant for lunch.
Champagne for everybody!
Book yourself into a hotel for the day (and UberEATS your favourite restaurant to your bath tub).
Send yourself flowers.
Tour your city by helicopter.
Buy yourself some bling.
There's always room in your life for more shoes.
What about you do?
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveToday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveToday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- WeddingsUnlucky-in-love MAFS bride Ning sells her unworn wedding dress in an attempt to 'bury' her past
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveYesterday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Daniel Webb reveals he has received death threats
Now To LoveYesterday 8:12am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019