You don’t necessarily need fancy equipment to make your favourite cuppa.
- Get a large, heavy-based frying pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Pour in a layer of green coffee beans. Stir or shake the pan to get the heat evenly distributed.
- Adjust the heat if you need to, but the beans should start to turn brown fairly quickly, so keep turning and shaking. They will start to shine, which is a sign the oil is being released, and they will smoke and you will hear a cracking sound.
- When they are mostly dark brown and the cracking sound gets a little less frequent, tip them out on some newspaper. They will continue to cook for a while and then cool.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container and leave for about four days before you start using them.
TIP: You can buy green coffee beans on the internet.