There are two people in this world: those who shower in the morning, and those who shower at night.
And while this often makes for divisive dinnertime talk (if you're so inclined to talk about getting naked at the dinner table…), there has never been a finite answer as to which is right to do, and which is wrong.
Well, that is until now…
According to a health report published by the Daily Mail, dermatologists now claim that while both times have their pros and cons, a shower at night is believed to outweigh an AM rinse.
Why? Because, at night time, a shower washes off oils, sweat and allergens your skin has picked up during the day, giving you fresher skin and a better night's sleep.
Essentially, what a nighttime shower does that a morning one doesn't is wash off the dead skin cells accumulated over the day, which will ultimately leave you with more radiant skin in the morning.
And for all those playing/showering a helluva lot at home: what about showering TWICE a day? New York-based dermatologist Dr Derek V Chan told The Mail Online has shut your showering down, advising to get under the water only once a day.
"Hot showers may feel good, but in general, warm showers are better than hot showers," he says.
"Using very hot water can reduce moisture in the skin and strip away many of the skin's natural lubricants."
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019