Celebrities aren't known for being frugal or restrained in their beauty habits. In fact it seems as though the more beautiful and famous you are, the greater the lengths you'll go to for vanity.
Still, when it comes to unusual beauty practices, there are some stars that are head and shoulders above the others...
Aussie supermodel Elle Macpherson loves to do floatation therapy to stay on top of her health. The futuristic treatment involves floating in a buoyant salt-water tank, in the dark, in total silence. It delivers an abundance of health benefits from pain relief to reducing symptoms of depression. How Zen!
We're no strangers to the benefits of clay as a purifying therapy on skin, but what about putting it on the plate? Actress Salma Hayek reportedly likes to chomp on bentonite clay, which is formed from volcanic ash. Some nutritionists say that digesting clay helps rid the body of toxins, and boosts calcium and iron.
Adding extra luxury to our soak with candles and bath salts is always a must, but imagine getting into a tub worth nearly $7000? That's what Serena Williams does. The tennis star gives her skin ultimate hydration by bathing in 1000 litres of Evian mineral water, known to be rich in nutrients like magnesium, which illuminates the skin.
Throwing it back to primary school playgrounds, Kelly Osbourne is all about hula-hooping to stay fit. The reality star uses a Hoopnotica hula hoop every day, which she reveals keeps her back toned and waist cinched. She even holds hula-hooping parties on the weekends!
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019