The battle lines have officially been drawn in tonight’s explosive game-changing episode of The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys.
Dunedin duo Emma, 27 (right) and Courtney, 25 (left) used their key to swap houses and they picked the hot-tempered Mt Maunganui builders Dylz and Dyls’ do-up – oh, and it didn’t go down too well!
“They take it quite personally,” Courtney spills to Woman’s Day. “As soon as it happened, Dyls was like, ‘Right, this is war now’. He then didn’t talk to us but then we realised that’s just the way he deals with stress and disappointment.”
“It’s just unfortunate that they were in the house we wanted – it could have been anyone and it was just bad luck it was them.”
Emma adds, “We’ve kicked off the competitive side between the groups. Yes, we are all friends, but Court and I know this is a competition. It’s a bonus we all get along but we didn’t come here to make friends.”
But the girls do get Big Dyls, 27, and 25-year-old Dylz Junior’s reaction. Both Courtney and Emma admit they would be angry too if they were in their steal-capped shoes.
So now it’s no more Mr/Mrs Nice Guys and the game truly kicks off as all of the teams start on their individual houses.
“Still no regrets that we took their house – well, our house now!” says Emma.
On Sunday night the teams had their first room reveals of the series in house 5, seeing Niki and Tiff win with their beautiful living space.
Niki and Tiff designed a living room, Dyls and Dylz worked on a dining room design while the other two teams (Emma/Courtney and Sam/Emmett) came up with bedroom themes.
Take a look at the finished rooms from the contestants below.
The Block NZ: Girls vs Boys screens Sundays at 7pm and Monday - Wednesday, 7.30pm on TV3
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019