It's always nice to be appreciated by your workmates, and Breakfast host John Campbell was chuffed this morning to be singled out by weatherman Matty McLean for his "amazing" scent.
"John I don't mean to objectify you but you just wandered past me and you smell amazing," Matty marvelled.
"Yeah I have a shower every Thursday," John quipped, before walking over to Matty to give him a closer sniff.
What is this wondrous scent, the team wondered. John says he has "no idea" and when asked by Hayley Holt if he chooses his own cologne, he replies "I don't wear cologne."
It was a statement that prompted Hayley to utter the line that we'll forever associate with John from now on: "It's just your natural musk."
Watch: The Breakfast team hilariously objectify John Campbell. Article continues below.
After a little more digging the team work out that it's actually his moisturiser that was producing the intoxicating smell.
John, a thoroughly modern and proudly metrosexual man takes care of his skin. After all, you don't get to 55 and look as good as he does without putting in a little tender loving care.
"Some beautiful friends who I've known since university own a little company that makes moisturiser and skin products... and I wear their stuff... I'm really proud of them. They started the business themselves."
For those of you who want to smell as good as John, the product he wears is made by World Organics.
As if his CV wasn't already impressive enough, it looks like Mr Campbell can now add influencer to his long list of achievements.
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020