We're all just settling in to lockdown, but Hilary Barry seems to have it sorted. The 50-year-old news presenter has recently declared to NEXT magazine that she's more confident than ever. If there were any doubts about that, the sequinned, gold, floor length gown she is wearing in her latest Instagram picture surely puts them to bed.
"I aspire to be this extra," commented one fan.
Not only is she dressed to the nines, complete with hair and makeup, an eagle-eyed commenter also congratulated her on "the old stacking of books under the laptop for ergonomic benefits". She'd certainly pass a workplace assessment in our office - and the noise cancelling headphones get a tick from us too.
The Seven Sharp co-host captioned her snap with some inspirational advice: "Working from home? How about making a bloody effort on today's video call instead of sitting there in your pj's."
She added that she's got her own full guide to working from home on her Facebook page, where she has posted a video of herself in her finery urging viewers to "zhuzh yourself up," and introduces us to her "work from home rules". Number one? No PJs.
But of all Hilary's rules, we like the "dress like a princess" idea the best and we might just have to try it. It'd certainly make our daily zoom meetings just a little bit more glamorous.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020