TVNZ has announced that Hayley Holt will be the new co-host of Breakfast alongside existing host Jack Tame.
"I'm so excited to be joining the Breakfast team," Holt said of her new role. "I've watched the programme for years and it feels slightly surreal to know I'll be hosting the show alongside Jack in a week's time. I hope he knows what he's in for!"
Tame paid tribute to his former co-host. "Working with Hilary on Breakfast has made my 3am wakeup calls a breeze. While I'll miss having her by my side in the mornings, I can't wait to see what she'll bring to Seven Sharp this year. I'm looking forward to Hayley joining the team. She's funny, smart and I'm sure she'll crush it."
Holt rose to prominence as the girlfriend of Richie McCaw. The pair were set up after Richie noticed her on Dancing With The Stars, where she was a dance instructor. The former competitive snowboarder then moved into television hosting, landing a role on Sky Sport show The Crowd Goes Wild.
In 2016 she ventured into politics and stood for the Green Party in last years general election.
Breakfast will return on Monday 22nd January. Seven Sharp is set to return on February 5th. An announcement about Barry's co-host is expected soon.
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am