Queen Elizabeth really likes her new granddaughter-in-law!
While Meghan Markle enjoys a well-deserved break from the spotlight on her honeymoon with Prince Harry, the Duchess of Sussex is about to hit the ground running.
This week, the palace confirmed Meghan Markle and The Queen will be carrying out their first joint engagement, opening the Mersey Gateway Bridge in Cheshire, opening the Storyhouse Theater in Chester, and attending a lunch at the Chester Town Hall on June 14.
And now, the royal family's website has revealed the duo will be travelling to the event in the 92-year-old's very own personal train, which is only ever used for top-tier senior royals.
Prince Charles, Prince Philip and the Duchess of Cornwall so far are the only members of the family to have been bestowed the honour of riding on the train.
It's believed Prince William has only used the train once back in 2003 for his birthday tour, while Prince Harry and Duchess Catherine haven't even stepped foot in The Queen's beloved "Buckingham palace on wheels."
The Royal Train was made in 1842 for Queen Victoria, who became the first monarch to use railway to travel.
The decadent train was only used 14 times last year but The Queen prefers to travel by train for her UK-based engagements as she finds it more comfortable. It's decked out with luxurious bath, a 12-seater dining room, a smoking room and several bedrooms.
Meghan's much-anticipated outing with The Queen isn't the only exciting date on the upcoming agenda.
This weekend will also mark the 36-year-old's first-ever appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as she joins her new family at the annual Trooping the Colour parade.
Because Meghan and Harry tied the knot in Windsor, it meant fans weren't treated to the traditional Buckingham Palace balcony kiss that royal newlyweds carry out - although we still were gifted with two very romantic kisses - one outside of the church and the other in the carriage!
Instead, they'll be given the first glimpse of the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the balcony this Saturday as they attend the annual military parade, which celebrates the Queen's birthday.
"There will be huge interest in seeing the newlyweds after the magic of their wedding," a source told The Mirror.
"The balcony appearance is the perfect symbol of how Meghan has been welcomed into the family."
Fans will also be given another glimpse of Prince George and Princess Charlotte, who will also be in attendance. Speculation is growing that Prince George may even ride in a carriage down The Mall, just like his father did at the same age.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019