As the royal wedding came to a close and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were bestowed with their brand new titles – the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – by The Queen, we couldn't have been more chuffed for the regal newyweds.
However, now a couple of weeks on from the event we couldn't help but wonder what title Harry and Meghan's kids might eventually be given?
Well, apparently, as reported by PEOPLE, the dukedom given to Harry and Meghan can only be passed on to a future son (yes, this means that any daughters the couple may have will not inherit a title).
So, this means if Harry and Meghan don't have any sons, the title will simply die out.
We don't know how this will fare with Meghan, 36, who, even on the Royals' official website, is quoted as stating: "I am proud to be a woman and a feminist."
As previously reported by Now To Love, there is potential for all of this to change; at the end of the day, The Queen can make the decision to bestow the children with prince or princess titles.
We saw her make some tweaks with the rules for her Prince William's children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
HRH Prince George, while young Charlotte should have been Lady Charlotte Mountbatten-Windsor.
But in 2012, Her Majesty decided there needed to be a change.
Now the ruling states that, "all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour."
Well, considering that Harry could be the Queen's favourite grandchild, she could very well change the titledom for Harry and his kids.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019