Princess Beatrice is reportedly 'furious' after having to delay announcing the date of her wedding due to the two latest royal scandals to rock The Firm.
The 31-year-old announced her engagement to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in September last year, but since then all further details have remained under wraps with The Sun revealing the eldest York sister and her 36-year-old property investor fiancé had to axe revealing more details for a second time after her father Prince Andrew's relationship with sex offender Jeffery Epstein was again put under the spotlight.
Beatrice had already been forced to put off announcing her wedding date once before, after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the shock announcement they would be stepping back as members of the Royal Family in early January.
According to an insider who spoke to The Sun, the Palace had delayed the decision repeatedly due to all the "issues", but as long as there were no further problems, the Palace hopes the upcoming wedding will be a happy occasion that glues the family back together again.
"The Queen has asked everyone to come together to put on a united front," the source told the publication.
"The press officers of all the palaces hope to portray the Beatrice wedding as the big event that brings the family back together again. Aides know this will be a tough job, but it's all they can do not just to save the wedding, but potentially the monarchy's reputation."
While it remains to be seen when the couple will announce their wedding date, during their joint engagement announcement Beatrice and Edo confirmed the wedding would take place in 2020, with most royal experts pointing towards a spring wedding – the date Friday, May 29 has been suggested.
According to close friends who previously spoke to The Daily Mail, unlike her younger sister Princess Eugenie who tied the knot at St George's Chapel at Windsor, Beatrice is considering a smaller venue where the celebrations will be more private and casual.
The friend added that Beatrice hopes a more low-key affair will make Edoardo's ex-fiancée Dara Huang feel more comfortable as well, as it was revealed she has been invited to the wedding along with the two year-old-son she shares with Edo, Wolfie.
Following a holiday in Italy, the couple shared the exciting news of their engagement, saying they were both "so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can't wait to be married.
"We share so many similar interest and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness," they added.
The couple celebrated their engagement just before Christmas with friends and family at a star-studded bash at the Chiltern Firehouse in London.
Following a pre-Christmas lunch with the rest of the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace, Princess Bea invited a string of celebrities including her "dear friend" Ellie Goulding, singer James Blunt and Robbie Williams' wife Ayda Field to the luxurious five-star hotel and restaurant.
Also in attendance was both of Duchess Catherine's younger siblings and their partners – Pippa Middleton with her husband James Matthews, and James Middleton with his fiancée Alizee Thevenet.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020