Princess Beatrice is reportedly 'furious' after having to delay announcing the date of her wedding due to the two latest royal scandals to rock The Firm.
The 31-year-old announced her engagement to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in September last year, but since then all further details have remained under wraps with The Sun revealing the eldest York sister and her 36-year-old property investor fiancé had to axe revealing more details for a second time after her father Prince Andrew's relationship with sex offender Jeffery Epstein was again put under the spotlight.
Beatrice had already been forced to put off announcing her wedding date once before, after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the shock announcement they would be stepping back as members of the Royal Family in early January.
According to an insider who spoke to The Sun, the Palace had delayed the decision repeatedly due to all the "issues", but as long as there were no further problems, the Palace hopes the upcoming wedding will be a happy occasion that glues the family back together again.
"The Queen has asked everyone to come together to put on a united front," the source told the publication.
"The press officers of all the palaces hope to portray the Beatrice wedding as the big event that brings the family back together again. Aides know this will be a tough job, but it's all they can do not just to save the wedding, but potentially the monarchy's reputation."
While it remains to be seen when the couple will announce their wedding date, during their joint engagement announcement Beatrice and Edo confirmed the wedding would take place in 2020, with most royal experts pointing towards a spring wedding – the date Friday, May 29 has been suggested.
According to close friends who previously spoke to The Daily Mail, unlike her younger sister Princess Eugenie who tied the knot at St George's Chapel at Windsor, Beatrice is considering a smaller venue where the celebrations will be more private and casual.
The friend added that Beatrice hopes a more low-key affair will make Edoardo's ex-fiancée Dara Huang feel more comfortable as well, as it was revealed she has been invited to the wedding along with the two year-old-son she shares with Edo, Wolfie.
Following a holiday in Italy, the couple shared the exciting news of their engagement, saying they were both "so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can't wait to be married.
"We share so many similar interest and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness," they added.
The couple celebrated their engagement just before Christmas with friends and family at a star-studded bash at the Chiltern Firehouse in London.
Following a pre-Christmas lunch with the rest of the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace, Princess Bea invited a string of celebrities including her "dear friend" Ellie Goulding, singer James Blunt and Robbie Williams' wife Ayda Field to the luxurious five-star hotel and restaurant.
Also in attendance was both of Duchess Catherine's younger siblings and their partners – Pippa Middleton with her husband James Matthews, and James Middleton with his fiancée Alizee Thevenet.
- FamilyJacinda Ardern adds toilet training to the mix at home amidst Covid-19 lockdown
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's two Michaels reveal why they both chose to leave the show
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- FitnessThe easy cardio workout you can do on your backyard trampoline
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- At homeHilary Barry dons a tiara to show us how to make scones and we love it!
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- Real LifeCountdown launches new priority delivery service for vulnerable customers
Now To LoveYesterday 11:16am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have reportedly left Canada for Los Angeles
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsSee the adorable Cambridge trio applauding those tirelessly working during the Covid-19 lockdown
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- BodyThe world should have been better prepared for Covid-19 says medical expert, Dr Kerryn Phelps
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:13am
- TVMediaWorks stops production of Dancing With The Stars NZ
Now To LoveMar 26, 2020
- Real LifeNZ in lockdown: 10 essential things you need to know about Covid-19
Now To LoveMar 26, 2020
- Real LifeDaniel Faitaua’s brother has passed away following his battle with cancer
Now To LoveMar 26, 2020
- CareerI wrote a manual about how to ask for the funeral you want - and people are loving it!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a $400 giftcard thanks to Countdown and Villa Maria
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 26, 2020
- TVFormer Woman's Day Deputy Editor Sebastian van der Zwan's fierce drag queen makeover
Woman's DayMar 26, 2020