The palace has finally confirmed the exciting news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are coming to New Zealand as part of their first royal tour.
Kensington Palace announced the news in a statement on Monday, revealing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be carrying out the visit to tie in the Sydney Invictus Games and an official royal tour of Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga and New Zealand.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will undertake an official visit to Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand in the Autumn," statement read.
"The tour will fall on the occasion of @InvictusSydney 2018."
It continued: "Their Royal Highnesses have been invited to visit the Realms of Australia and New Zealand by the countries' respective governments. The Duke and Duchess will visit the Commonwealth countries of Fiji and Tonga at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office."
"The tour will fall on the occasion of the Invictus Games Sydney 2018. Further details will be advised in due course."
Jacinda Arden also confirmed the happy news, saying in a press release:
"It's wonderful news that the Duke and Duchess are coming to New Zealand as part of their first major tour outside the United Kingdom and I look forward to welcoming them here.
"I know Prince Harry really enjoyed his last visit here in 2015 and I'm sure New Zealanders will want the Duchess of Sussex to also experience our warm hospitality and manaakitanga on her first visit here as a member of the Royal family."
This will mark Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first official royal tour as husband and wife, but it is neither's first trip to New Zealand.
Prince Harry famously visited New Zealand three years ago as part of a royal tour. During his time in Aotearoa he visited Wellington, Invercargill, Stewart Island, Christchurch, Wanaka and Whanganui, and ended his tour in Auckland.
Harry even tried his hand at a haka!
Meghan on the other hand, toured New Zealand in a campervan on her visit.
The newly minted Duchess of Sussex traveled with her ex-husband Trevor Engelson around the South Island and Waiheke Island during their 2014 visit.
Meghan wrote all about her travels in New Zealand in a blog post on her now defunct blog The Tig
In her blog post 'My love letter to all things Kiwi', Meghan described New Zealand as "undoubtedly spectacular," "magical" and "one of the most beautiful countries in the world."
Of Queenstown Meghan said: "A stunning place to arrive, filled with endless adventure and standout restaurants such as Botswana Butcher and Vudu Restaurant and Larder... I relished the kindness of the people and the beauty of the land."
Of Lake Wanaka: "Less touristy, and equally as beautiful as Queenstown... I delved in to some fly fishing, and tucked in to see a film at Cinema Paradiso (a precious and quirky little theater that serves fresh baked cookies for you to enjoy while seated on a hodge podge of sofas). A gem of a town where you quickly settle in and feel like a local."
We can't wait to host the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the end of this year.
No itinerary or exact dates have been announced yet, however they will reportedly be visiting New Zealand sometime after the Sydney Invictus Games, which will be held from October 20 to 27.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019