Christmas is just days away and just like us, the royal family are coming together to put the finishing touches on their festive preparations and what better way to get into the Christmas spirit than a family baking session – with four generations no less!
On Sunday Buckingham Palace released an adorable series of images of The Queen and her three heirs and future kings - her son Prince Charles, her grandson Prince William and of course her six-year-old great-grandson Prince George – mixing Christmas pudding together in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace last week ahead of the Queen's pre-Christmas lunch.
In two of the images, taken by Chris Jackson, adorable Prince George can be seen getting stuck into the fruity pudding mix with a wooden spoon as his family look on adoringly.
Once each royal had had a go and once ready, each person placed a commemorative coin into the mix, with the puddings to be served at The Royal British Legion's get-togethers over the festive season, a charity which supports the Armed Forces and their families.
According to the Palace, a new recipe was created for the special Royal British Legion puddings – alongside the traditional raisins, currents, almonds and glacé cherries, this special mix also included poppy seeds as a special nod to the charity's iconic symbol of Remembrance – the poppy flower.
The distribution of the puddings is part of The Royal British Legion's 'Together at Christmas' initiative, an initiative which aims to tackle loneliness and isolation that some members of the Armed Forces may feel over the festive season by arranging care homes and festive events across the UK.
Director general of the charity, Charles Byrne says The Legion is not only there for older veterans, but all members of the Armed Forces community.
"As the monarch and next three generations, Her Majesty and Their Royal Highnesses represent a cross-section of those supported by the Legion, from the children of service personnel, to Second World War veterans," Byrne explains.
"Making and eating Christmas puddings have traditionally been a shared family activity, and we look forward to sharing these special puddings made with the help of the Royal Family."
It's certainly not the first time we've seen Prince William show off his skills in the kitchen this festive season. Last week a Christmas TV special A Berry Royal Christmas aired on BBC featuring The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and cookery icon Mary Berry.
At one point during the one-hour special, the two royals competed in a hilariously competitive Christmas roulade making competition under the supervision of Mary and Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain.
While both royals showed they've both got a talent for rolling roulade – it was clear who the most competitive of the two were.
WATCH: Prince William and Duchess Kate get hilariously competitive in a Christmas roulade making competition. Story continues below...
And Prince George's adorable appearance isn't the only glimpse we've seen of the royal recently, as well as seen arriving and departing his the pre-Christmas lunch last week, the Cambridge family's gorgeous Christmas card was also revealed, showing the royal family-of-five posing outside on a vintage motorcycle and it's unbelievable how fast little one-year-old Louis has grown!
And, if that wasn't enough, Prince George and four-year-old Princess Charlotte are reportedly set to be making their royal Christmas debut this year, where they're said to be joining the rest of the senior royal family as they make the iconic walk to the Christmas day service – we're certainly looking forward to it!
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020