There's cute, and then there's really cute.
A candid new photo featuring Prince Charles and Louis definitely falls into the latter category.
As Prince Charles reached his milestone 70th birthday in November, royal fans were treated to an extravaganza of never-before-seen imagery of the Prince and his family.
The two new images were taken by royal photographer Chris Jackson of Getty Images, which features the growing family consisting of Prince Charles, his wife Camilla, his two sons and their spouses and his three grandchildren.
One of the images showed the royals in a slightly more candid light as they all smiled and laughed at an unknown feat.
But now, it looks like that feat has been revealed as a new image from the royal photographer surfaced over the weekend. The new image shows Prince Louis and Prince Charles sharing a moment that is, quite frankly, adorable.
In the image, Prince Louis is seen grabbing Prince Charles' head while the rest of the family look on smiling.
The sweet moment, most likely stemming from young Louis' curiosity and affection for his grandfather, is a welcome side we don't often see to the royal family.
Meanwhile, another new image shows Prince Charles and Louis sharing a sweet cuddle. Little Louis' twinkling eyes and Charles' loving smile is a sure sign these two royals have a very close bond.
Speaking to The Sunday Times, Jackson, who has been photographing the royal family for over 15 years said it was the "happiest" he'd ever seen Prince Charles.
"It was lovely chaos with the children," he said. "He is a very hands-on grandfather. He was holding hands with George and Charlotte, and bouncing Louis up and down for a long time. George was very happy on the prince's knee. They have a great relationship that's a little more established, as George is a bit older."
He said George was very happy to be sitting on his grandfather's knee for the photos, and that the shoot was remarkably informal.
"[Charles] is someone with a sense of pride for his family," he added. "A sense of pride for what his children are achieving."
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019