For many people, it wouldn't seem that long ago when Prince Charles was a dashing lad in his 20s, dressing up for polo games and attending various engagements with his royal affiliates.
But now, as the Prince turns the big 7-0 on the 14th of November, there's no denying plenty has happened in the Prince's life since.
From blossoming romances and becoming father to two striking young Princes, to a tragic separation, a new wife and attending more royal engagements than one can count – Prince Charles has seen a lot.
But, in the words of the future King himself, there is still so much that needs to be done. In fact, when he does eventually take the throne, we can expect to see a different side to Charles.
In a new documentary by BBC called Prince, Son & Heir: Charles at 70, the royal grandfather says that his involvement with the monarchy will take a different turn.
"I do realise that it is a separate exercise being sovereign. So of course… you know I understand entirely how that should operate," he said.
WATCH: Prince Charles gives speech for Earth Hour. Story continues after video...
But for now, the Prince of Wales will celebrate another milestone with those nearest and dearest to him.
To celebrate her son's 70th birthday, the Queen is hosting a reception and dinner in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace, which will take place on Wednesday evening.
The event will be no casual affair; along with the royal family themselves, other European royal dignitaries including Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark will join Charles to celebrate the milestone.
But the festivities won't end there - tributes continue to flow for the future King.
One commemorative gesture is a selection of six new stamps featuring the Prince, which were released by Clarence House and Royal Mail earlier this week.
Photographer Chris Jackson of Getty, who snapped the above picture of Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry shared the images on his Instagram along with the caption: "My official portrait of The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex is featured on this stamp commemorating The Prince of Wales's 70th Birthday."
He added: "I took this ahead of the RAF 100 Commemorations at Buckingham Palace this summer - I expect you all to send your Christmas presents only using this stamp!"
Two of the six stamps feature Prince Charles and his two sons, one of which was taken in 2004 at the polo before the boys became Dukes and family men.
Another stamp features Charles and wife Camilla. The photo of which was taken in Scotland by a friend of the Prince during the couple's 2015 summer holiday. It was also featured in their Christmas card that year as well.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019