For many people, it wouldn't seem that long ago when Prince Charles was a dashing lad in his 20s, dressing up for polo games and attending various engagements with his royal affiliates.
But now, as the Prince turns the big 7-0 on the 14th of November, there's no denying plenty has happened in the Prince's life since.
From blossoming romances and becoming father to two striking young Princes, to a tragic separation, a new wife and attending more royal engagements than one can count – Prince Charles has seen a lot.
But, in the words of the future King himself, there is still so much that needs to be done. In fact, when he does eventually take the throne, we can expect to see a different side to Charles.
In a new documentary by BBC called Prince, Son & Heir: Charles at 70, the royal grandfather says that his involvement with the monarchy will take a different turn.
"I do realise that it is a separate exercise being sovereign. So of course… you know I understand entirely how that should operate," he said.
WATCH: Prince Charles gives speech for Earth Hour. Story continues after video...
But for now, the Prince of Wales will celebrate another milestone with those nearest and dearest to him.
To celebrate her son's 70th birthday, the Queen is hosting a reception and dinner in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace, which will take place on Wednesday evening.
The event will be no casual affair; along with the royal family themselves, other European royal dignitaries including Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark will join Charles to celebrate the milestone.
But the festivities won't end there - tributes continue to flow for the future King.
One commemorative gesture is a selection of six new stamps featuring the Prince, which were released by Clarence House and Royal Mail earlier this week.
Photographer Chris Jackson of Getty, who snapped the above picture of Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry shared the images on his Instagram along with the caption: "My official portrait of The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex is featured on this stamp commemorating The Prince of Wales's 70th Birthday."
He added: "I took this ahead of the RAF 100 Commemorations at Buckingham Palace this summer - I expect you all to send your Christmas presents only using this stamp!"
Two of the six stamps feature Prince Charles and his two sons, one of which was taken in 2004 at the polo before the boys became Dukes and family men.
Another stamp features Charles and wife Camilla. The photo of which was taken in Scotland by a friend of the Prince during the couple's 2015 summer holiday. It was also featured in their Christmas card that year as well.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am