Just over a year ago Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry tied the knot in an historic, breathtaking ceremony at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle which was watched by thousands of adoring fans around the globe.
Since that day, her elegant long-sleeved, bateau-neck Givenchy gown became a reference for brides, as did her classic, neck-grazing chignon and natural makeup with her stunning freckles the hero of her beauty look.
But while she's served as inspiration for many, where did she turn to for inspiration?
It turns out Meghan is just like every other bride when it comes to wedding planning, with her good friend and makeup artist Daniel Martin revealing on the Gloss Angeles beauty podcast that Meghan turned to the tried and true Pinterest, to find inspo.
"We exchanged Pinterest pictures over text," Daniel shared, who did Meghan's makeup on the big day.
"Pinterest is an incredible tool to use as reference."
And according to him, their Pinterest exchanges worked so well that they didn't even have to do a makeup trial – which was also partly due to the fact they live in different countries and had crazy schedules, plus the fact Meghan probably has complete trust in her longtime friend.
Daniel also revealed that Meghan's beautiful gown played a decisive role in her minimal makeup look.
"The dress [was] so architectural that if she had any more makeup on, you wouldn't have even looked at the dress and that's not what the moment is about," he told the hosts.
Meghan's final look was a soft smokey eye with a pale pink lip, dark liner and long, full lashes with a barely-there foundation and a sweep of blush that let her freckles shine through.
In fact her former makeup artist Lydia F. Sellers previously revealed that one of Meghan's pet peeves is when people try to cover up her freckles!
Wanting to see freckles was also revealed to be the only request Meghan gave to photographer Peter Lindbergh, who shot the cover images for her guest-edited issue of British Vogue, who said the word "natural" had cropped up in several of their conversations about the cover.
"My instructions from the Duchess were clear: 'I want to see freckles!'" the photographer shared.
Meghan's iconic wedding day look served as inspiration for many, including celebrities who were about to tie the knot.
Model Karlie Kloss told Refinery 29 that she too took inspiration from Meghan when planning her big day, saying "she looked gorgeous on her wedding day."
While Daniel says Meghan can absolutely be a great reference point for future brides, his advice is to keep to your own personal style, whether that be natural or bold.
"You can't stray too far from who you want to be and who you are," he says.
"The last thing you want to do is look at pictures and be like, 'I wasn't comfortable in looking like that,'" saying that's why Pinterest is such a great platform.
"It's finding those elements that you admire and you want to aspire to achieve, but at the same time, you have a sense of who you are in there," says Daniel.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020