After years of getting her makeup professionally done, Meghan Markle has one beauty pet peeve — when people try to cover up her freckles!
The royal-to-be's former makeup artist, Lydia F. Sellers, recently opened up to Refinery 29 about Meg's beauty secrets and revealed the actress always ensured her stunning skin's best features were left "peeking through" her makeup.
"Every time I'd do her makeup, she'd say, 'Can we just make sure my freckles are peeking through? I don't want a ton of foundation,'" Sellers recalled. "It was more about the amount of product that went on her skin and keeping it really fresh and dewy, rather than caking it on."
So, now that Meghan is engaged to Prince Harry, has her beauty routine changed? Not really, according to Sellers, who worked with the past Suits star for two years before she moved to London.
"She's done such a good job of maintaining her sense of self amongst the spotlight. Even now, her look has stayed the same. She'll throw her hair back in a low bun and it actually looks like she's done it herself, and it's beautiful and chic because she's so confident. That's the great thing about Meghan — she's so confident with herself and her look, and she sticks with that," Sellers said.
Sellers also revealed that Meghan is very knowledgeable when it comes to the best makeup and beauty products. "Meghan is very in-the-know — she had her blog for a while, so she just gets beauty," she said. "But her approach is very effortless. She just wants to look like a better version of herself. That's something she believes firmly in."
Lucky for royal fans, Sellers also revealed Meghan's go-to makeup must-have to ensure her skin always looks flawless. "I'd use the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with a beauty blender [on her skin] because it's really easy to sheer out," she said.
In another previous interview, Meg herself confessed that she loves the YSL Touche Éclat concealer, the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and Fresh's lip treatments.
She also swears by Nivea's Skin Firming Body Lotion, which can be purchased at supermarkets! "I use this religiously. It's honestly my favourite lotion on the market. It's so affordable, and makes my skin look and feel amazing. I would buy a case of this at a time if I could find it," she told BeautyBanter.
This story originally appeared on Closer Weekly
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019