After years of getting her makeup professionally done, Meghan Markle has one beauty pet peeve — when people try to cover up her freckles!
The royal-to-be's former makeup artist, Lydia F. Sellers, recently opened up to Refinery 29 about Meg's beauty secrets and revealed the actress always ensured her stunning skin's best features were left "peeking through" her makeup.
"Every time I'd do her makeup, she'd say, 'Can we just make sure my freckles are peeking through? I don't want a ton of foundation,'" Sellers recalled. "It was more about the amount of product that went on her skin and keeping it really fresh and dewy, rather than caking it on."
So, now that Meghan is engaged to Prince Harry, has her beauty routine changed? Not really, according to Sellers, who worked with the past Suits star for two years before she moved to London.
"She's done such a good job of maintaining her sense of self amongst the spotlight. Even now, her look has stayed the same. She'll throw her hair back in a low bun and it actually looks like she's done it herself, and it's beautiful and chic because she's so confident. That's the great thing about Meghan — she's so confident with herself and her look, and she sticks with that," Sellers said.
Sellers also revealed that Meghan is very knowledgeable when it comes to the best makeup and beauty products. "Meghan is very in-the-know — she had her blog for a while, so she just gets beauty," she said. "But her approach is very effortless. She just wants to look like a better version of herself. That's something she believes firmly in."
Lucky for royal fans, Sellers also revealed Meghan's go-to makeup must-have to ensure her skin always looks flawless. "I'd use the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with a beauty blender [on her skin] because it's really easy to sheer out," she said.
In another previous interview, Meg herself confessed that she loves the YSL Touche Éclat concealer, the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and Fresh's lip treatments.
She also swears by Nivea's Skin Firming Body Lotion, which can be purchased at supermarkets! "I use this religiously. It's honestly my favourite lotion on the market. It's so affordable, and makes my skin look and feel amazing. I would buy a case of this at a time if I could find it," she told BeautyBanter.
This story originally appeared on Closer Weekly
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020