The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, took a break from her royal duties recently to spend some downtime with her best friend Jessica Mulroney in Toronto.
The royal reportedly took the secret trip last week without her husband Prince Harry, for just three days.
ABC News royal contributor, Omid Scobie, reported that Meghan took a commercial flight to Toronoto.
"Meghan spent three days holed up at Jessica Mulroney and her husband Ben's home in Toronto," Scobie said.
He added, that Meghan, 37, and Jessica, 38, "spent their days catching up, lounging poolside, cooking together and, of course, playing with Jessica's children, who love their 'Auntie Meg'."
Jessica was Meghan's 'unofficial maid of honour' at her wedding to Prince Harry. Her children seven-year-old twin boys Brian and John served as page boys in the royal wedding, while Jessica's four-year-old daughter Ivy was a bridesmaid.
On the day of the nuptials, Jessica, a fashion stylist was dubbed "The new Pippa Middleton" after her entrance to the church in a stunning fitted blue dress almost stole the show!
As well as spending time with Jessica's children, it's believed Meghan caught up with her other girlfriends.
"There was one evening when Meghan and Jessica secretly headed out into the town to meet some of Meghan's good friends," ABC News reported.
Meghan and Jessica's friendship dates back to when Meghan moved to Toronto in 2011 to film Suits. The pair bonded over their love of yoga and travel and have enjoyed several European jaunts together.
"Although Jess lives in Toronto, the two are on the phone all the time," an insider recently revealed to UK publication, The Sun.
Jessica and her current husband Ben Mulroney are considered one of Canada's most glamorous power couples and according to a recent report in Vanity Fair, it's believed their social ties helped connect Meghan to Harry.
Following her secret girls' trip, the Duchess then returned to London and royal public life to attend a performance of Hamilton to raise money for Harry's charity Sentebale.
- MindCould sound healing be the answer to enhancing your wellbeing?
Now To LoveToday 1:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals Archie went to playgroup for the first time and ‘he loved it’
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Celebrity NewsJennifer Aniston finally joins Instagram and promptly breaks the internet
Now To LoveToday 10:10am
- CareerAll the highlights from the NEXT Woman Of The Year 2019 Awards
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsSee unseen footage of Prince Harry adorably cradling Archie in the trailer of an upcoming documentary
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- BodyThe Mirena and Jaydess contraceptives are finally free for Kiwi women from November
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyThe hilarious moment Art Green had with his son that every parent will relate to
Now To LoveYesterday 10:51am
- BodyHeavyweight boxing champion Shane Cameron steps up to fight Parkinson's disease
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:35am
- MindSurviving depression: Matt Chisholm's brave decision to quit TV
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William receive a royal welcome as they arrive in Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- CareerThe latest famous rock star to be a big fan of Jacinda Ardern
Now To LoveOct 14, 2019