The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, took a break from her royal duties recently to spend some downtime with her best friend Jessica Mulroney in Toronto.
The royal reportedly took the secret trip last week without her husband Prince Harry, for just three days.
ABC News royal contributor, Omid Scobie, reported that Meghan took a commercial flight to Toronoto.
"Meghan spent three days holed up at Jessica Mulroney and her husband Ben's home in Toronto," Scobie said.
He added, that Meghan, 37, and Jessica, 38, "spent their days catching up, lounging poolside, cooking together and, of course, playing with Jessica's children, who love their 'Auntie Meg'."
Jessica was Meghan's 'unofficial maid of honour' at her wedding to Prince Harry. Her children seven-year-old twin boys Brian and John served as page boys in the royal wedding, while Jessica's four-year-old daughter Ivy was a bridesmaid.
On the day of the nuptials, Jessica, a fashion stylist was dubbed "The new Pippa Middleton" after her entrance to the church in a stunning fitted blue dress almost stole the show!
As well as spending time with Jessica's children, it's believed Meghan caught up with her other girlfriends.
"There was one evening when Meghan and Jessica secretly headed out into the town to meet some of Meghan's good friends," ABC News reported.
Meghan and Jessica's friendship dates back to when Meghan moved to Toronto in 2011 to film Suits. The pair bonded over their love of yoga and travel and have enjoyed several European jaunts together.
"Although Jess lives in Toronto, the two are on the phone all the time," an insider recently revealed to UK publication, The Sun.
Jessica and her current husband Ben Mulroney are considered one of Canada's most glamorous power couples and according to a recent report in Vanity Fair, it's believed their social ties helped connect Meghan to Harry.
Following her secret girls' trip, the Duchess then returned to London and royal public life to attend a performance of Hamilton to raise money for Harry's charity Sentebale.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019