Meghan Markle has decided against having a maid of honour by her side at the royal wedding on May 19, and there's a very relatable reason behind the seemingly out-of-the-box choice.
Despite speculation she might choose one of her friends, Kensington Palace confirmed Friday that she'll just have bridesmaids.
Why? Well, she simply couldn't decide between her group of friends.
"She has a very close-knit circle of friends and she didn't want to choose one over another," a palace spokesman said. "All have been actively involved in helping her prepare for the day and will be there in the days beforehand. She's very happy to have their support."
It was originally thought Meghan might pick Jessica Mulroney, her longtime BFF from Toronto (and one of the people who helped keep Meghan and Harry's relationship a secret) for the top job. However, we're guessing the socialite and bridal stylist doesn't feel too hard done by the decision having been involved every step of the wedding planning process.
Other women who were thought to be in the running included Serena Williams, Priyanka Chopra, or one of her Suits costars, Sarah Rafferty or Gina Torres. Her future sister-in-law, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, was also once speculated to take on the role.
But alas, there will be no so-called "Pippa Middleton Moment" at this royal wedding!
Of course, Pippa Middleton became a celebrity in her own right after captivating the public in her custom Alexander McQueen maid of honour dress at her sister Kate's lavish wedding back in 2011.
Instead, Meghan -- a former actress -- will follow royal tradition with a bridal party made up of children as page boys, bridesmaids and flower girls.
The names of those special little people will be announced the week of the wedding. But the youngsters tipped to take starring roles in the day's proceedings are Ivy, the daughter of Jessica Mulroney, Jasper, the son of Prince Harry's mentor Mark Dyer, and Harry's niece and nephew George and Charlotte.
It's expected young George will be a ring bearer, while Charlotte will be a bridesmaid.
Of course, all eyes were on the royal tots at their aunt Pippa's wedding to financier James Matthews last year. The brother-sister duo joined the bridal party as a page boy and bridesmaid — and they very nearly stole the show with their adorable antics.
And before you start to get your hopes up… it's unlikely the royal family's latest addition will attend the royal wedding. Prince Louis will only be just under one-month-old on the big day, making him too young for such a big affair.
Harry announced last week that he asked his brother, Prince William, to be his best man. It's a lovely gesture considering Harry served as William's best man at his 2011 nuptials.
"Prince Harry has asked his brother The Duke of Cambridge to be his Best Man at his wedding to Ms. Meghan Markle," Kensington Palace confirmed in a tweet Thursday. "The Duke of Cambridge is honored to have been asked, and is very much looking forward to supporting his brother at St. George's Chapel, Windsor on May 19th."
We'll never forget the moment everybody's favourite ginger-haired royal told his nervous older brother, "You are alright; she is here now," as his bride-to-be made her way up the hallowed aisle of Westminster Abbey -- and we can't wait to watch similar scenes play out once again.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am