It's hard to believe it's already been one year since Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry exchanged vows at their gorgeous ceremony at St George's Chapel and their one-year anniversary was made even sweeter thanks to the birth of their first child just a week before.
To mark the special occasion the Duke and Duchess of Sussex took to Instagram to share a beautiful video featuring never-before-seen images from their milestone day one year ago, accompanied by the song This Little Heart of Mine, which they had chosen for their recessional song.
The compilation of photographs gives us an intimate look at their day, from Harry's excited face, to a beautiful moment shared between Meghan and her mother Doria Ragland.
"Happy one year anniversary to Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex!," the Instagram caption begins.
"Today marks the one year anniversary of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Their Royal Highnesses exchanged vows at St George's Chapel within the grounds of Windsor Castle on May 19th, 2018.
"The selected song "This Little Light of Mine" was chosen by the couple for their recessional.
"We hope you enjoy reliving this moment, and seeing some behind the scenes photos from this special day."
Adding: "A message from the Duke & Duchess: Thank you for all of the love and support from so many of you around the world. Each of you made this day even more meaningful."
The official Royal Family twitter account also marked the special occasion, sharing a beautiful image of Meghan and Harry sharing a kiss on the front steps of the Chapel, accompanied by the caption: "Wishing The Duke and Duchess of Sussex a very happy wedding anniversary.
"Today marks one year since Their Royal Highnesses exchanged vows at St George's Chapel in the grounds of Windsor Castle."
Fans of the royal couple delighted at getting a chance to relive the beautiful day, "Happy Anniversary to one of the most radiant & beautiful couples in the world," one follower commented.
"Meghan & Harry, a very happy anniversary to you both," another commented.
"It's so evident that you complete each other and are an amazing couple that is defying stereotypes and changing the world!"
It's been an incredible year for Meghan and Harry, with Meghan fully embracing royal life and duties, from attending royal tours overseas to being bestowed patronages closer to home.
Then there of course was the exciting news that they were expecting their first child, welcoming their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, on May 6 – just shy of their one year anniversary!
The proud new parents are already visibly besotted with baby Archie, with Harry revealing he already can't imagine life without his son and Meghan remarking becoming a mother has been "magic".
Happy Anniversary Meghan and Harry, we can't wait to see what the next year holds for you both!
WATCH: The best moments from the royal wedding.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020