Meghan Markle is pregnant with her and Prince Harry's first child! That's right - the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have just announced the news that we've all been waiting to hear ever since they married in the royal wedding of the century in May.
Kensington Palace confirmed the happy news in a statement.
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
"Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public."
"The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted for the couple and were able to congratulated them in Friday at the wedding in person," the statement continued.
"Ms Doria Ragland (Meghan's mother) is very happy about the lovely news and she looks forward to welcoming her first grandchild."
The announcement, as expected, has sent the world's media and the general public into a tailspin. While the due date given by Kensington Palace wasn't any more specific than 'Spring 2019' (Autumn in New Zealand), reports suggest the baby will be due in late April.
Both Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, have been open in the past about their desire to have children, so it was more a case of not if, but when, they would start a family.
Pregnancy speculation reached a fever pitch over the weekend at Princess Eugenie's wedding to Jack Brooksbank, when Meghan wore a loose fitting coat.
The happy news came on the day that Meghan and Harry touched down in Sydney for the start of their first international royal tour together. They will attend the Invictus Games before travelling to Fiji and Tonga. They will then begin their four day tour of New Zealand on October 28th.
All eyes were already going to be on the new Duchess of Sussex, but it's fair to say this latest news will only heighten the attention.
We are so thrilled for them!
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019