Meghan Markle is pregnant with her and Prince Harry's first child! That's right - the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have just announced the news that we've all been waiting to hear ever since they married in the royal wedding of the century in May.
Kensington Palace confirmed the happy news in a statement.
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
"Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public."
"The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted for the couple and were able to congratulated them in Friday at the wedding in person," the statement continued.
"Ms Doria Ragland (Meghan's mother) is very happy about the lovely news and she looks forward to welcoming her first grandchild."
The announcement, as expected, has sent the world's media and the general public into a tailspin. While the due date given by Kensington Palace wasn't any more specific than 'Spring 2019' (Autumn in New Zealand), reports suggest the baby will be due in late April.
Both Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, have been open in the past about their desire to have children, so it was more a case of not if, but when, they would start a family.
Pregnancy speculation reached a fever pitch over the weekend at Princess Eugenie's wedding to Jack Brooksbank, when Meghan wore a loose fitting coat.
The happy news came on the day that Meghan and Harry touched down in Sydney for the start of their first international royal tour together. They will attend the Invictus Games before travelling to Fiji and Tonga. They will then begin their four day tour of New Zealand on October 28th.
All eyes were already going to be on the new Duchess of Sussex, but it's fair to say this latest news will only heighten the attention.
We are so thrilled for them!
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019