On May 19, more than 1 billion across the globe tuned in to watch Prince Harry marry the woman of his dreams, former Suits actress Meghan Markle.
And while thinking about the ceremony, we totally forgot about what may or may not have gone down at the couple's private reception at Frogmore House in Windsor Great Park.
Following a 'naughty' speech from Prince William and an 'unknown' surprise from James Corden, it is believed that Meghan then stepped up to address the room.
It might not sound like much (in fact, it sounds kind of Meghan to thank hers and Harry's loved ones for joining them on their special day), but this in itself breaks Royal tradition.
According to The Daily Mail, Meghan is believed to have thanked the Royal family, including the Queen, for welcoming her, in front of the 200 guests who attended the nighttime reception.
However, historically, it is not Royal protocol for a bride to give a speech at her own wedding.
Take Duchess Catherine, for example. In 2011, after wedding Prince William, Duchess Catherine did not give a speech at her reception, rather, that was left to Prince William.
But it's not like Meghan hadn't already bent the Royal rules when it came to falling in love with Prince Harry. American. Divorced. An actress… Meghan's path to becoming the Duchess of Sussex hasn't necessarily been a typically linear one. But Harry's rise to rule hasn't been, either.
One thing's for certain, Her Royal Highness Meghan is doing things the modern-feminism way – and we can't wait to see what she does next.
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019