On May 19, more than 1 billion across the globe tuned in to watch Prince Harry marry the woman of his dreams, former Suits actress Meghan Markle.
And while thinking about the ceremony, we totally forgot about what may or may not have gone down at the couple's private reception at Frogmore House in Windsor Great Park.
Following a 'naughty' speech from Prince William and an 'unknown' surprise from James Corden, it is believed that Meghan then stepped up to address the room.
It might not sound like much (in fact, it sounds kind of Meghan to thank hers and Harry's loved ones for joining them on their special day), but this in itself breaks Royal tradition.
According to The Daily Mail, Meghan is believed to have thanked the Royal family, including the Queen, for welcoming her, in front of the 200 guests who attended the nighttime reception.
However, historically, it is not Royal protocol for a bride to give a speech at her own wedding.
Take Duchess Catherine, for example. In 2011, after wedding Prince William, Duchess Catherine did not give a speech at her reception, rather, that was left to Prince William.
But it's not like Meghan hadn't already bent the Royal rules when it came to falling in love with Prince Harry. American. Divorced. An actress… Meghan's path to becoming the Duchess of Sussex hasn't necessarily been a typically linear one. But Harry's rise to rule hasn't been, either.
One thing's for certain, Her Royal Highness Meghan is doing things the modern-feminism way – and we can't wait to see what she does next.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019