For her last public outing before she starts maternity leave ahead of the birth of her third child, the Duchess of Cambridge attended the Commonwealth 'Big Lunch' with her husband Prince William - and shared a sweet insight into home life with her children Prince George and Princess Charlotte in the process.
The royals were helping out with the initiative in Islington at St Luke's, which is a fully equipped cooking school that runs community classes on healthy home cooking. The 'Big Lunch' scheme encourages people to sit down and share food with members of their community once a year. While getting stuck in, Kate shared her children's favourite hobby.
As she added finishing touches to the lunch, she said 'I've done that with George and Charlotte – making pizza dough. They love it because they can get their hands dirty.' Clearly, it's not all caviar and tiaras for the young royals: it's nice to see that they love pizza as much as any toddler (and, you know, as much as any grown up...)
Though in the kitchen may be the favoured activity of the royal children (indeed, Kate has previously revealed that George, when he's not admiring helicopters or watching Fireman Sam, has a knack for pancake-making) Prince William admits that he doesn't share the same culinary skills as his children.
'I do like cooking, but I'm not very good. I like a roast. So, a bit of roast chicken or a steak,' he said in November 2017, admitting that he's not a total natural in the kitchen. 'I like it medium rare. I like it quite alive.'
Commonwealth Big Lunches are part of the official celebrations leading up to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting that are taking place between 12th March and 22nd April.
This article originally appeared on Grazia
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019