Young Prince George turned four yesterday, and to mark the occasion an official Royal picture has been released.
Kensington Palace revealed the photo of the beaming boy, a day before his actual birth date, which is July 22.
A Palace statement said: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to share a new official portrait of Prince George to mark His Royal Highness’s fourth birthday tomorrow."
The elegant portrait was taken at Kensington Palace by Getty Images Royal Photographer Chris Jackson.
The Royal snapper told The Telegraph creating the image with the spirited prince had been a delight.
“I’m thrilled and honoured that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen to release this portrait to celebrate Prince George’s fourth birthday.
“He is such a happy little boy and certainly injects some fun into a photo shoot!”
This year will no doubt be a big one for George with the four-year-old prince set to start school in September.
Although young for his year, the third in line to the throne will join his new classmates at the prestigious south London primary co-ed school Thomas’ Battersea, which is not far from the family's Kensington Palace base.
The move to send George to the mixed-sex school comes as a break in tradition, as both his father, Prince William, and his grandfather Prince Charles, attended an all-boys school.
The educational establishment which boasts around 540 pupils is founded on one rule: “be kind”.
The family, who have just returned from a Royal tour to Poland and Germany, are also making other changes, with Prince William to step down from his role as an air ambulance helicopter pilot later this year to become a full time royal.
- FitnessA full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveToday 2:40pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveToday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayYesterday 2:10pm
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019
- FamilyChristmas with Cordis Auckland: Four delicious ways to celebrate the festive season
Now To LoveNov 19, 2019
- FamilyTheir daughter's last words: Psychic's message to grieving parents
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019