It was a hot, sunny day on Waiheke Island's Oneroa Beach, but Nigella Lawson didn't join the crowds in their togs. Looking like a character from The Piano, the celebrity chef carried an umbrella as she paraded along the sand in a full-length frock, gloves and a hat.
"She is clearly very worried about protecting her skin," a witness tells Woman's Day. "People in their bikinis raised their heads to stare at the oddly attired procession. She looked very chirpy and cheerful as she chatted to her friends, but she stood out like a sore thumb."
Alongside a photograph from her walk, Nigella, 58, wrote on Instagram, "Afternoon walk in Waiheke. Am armed with factor-50 sunblock, factor-50 CC cream, a hat and a UV umbrella. So uplifting. I love the vivid greens and blues of New Zealand."
Under another sunny snap, the cook – who was renting a house above Oneroa Beach with pals – had written, "I feel very mean posting this given the weather back home, not that I ever mind the cold, but am happily arrived in beautiful New Zealand and just lapping it up."
Scroll down to see more of Nigella's beach adventures
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021