Nigella Lawson may have a sunny personality, but that's about as close as the kitchen queen likes to get to those bright rays!
The domestic goddess – who says she's "sun-phobic" and claims to have a mild allergy to sunshine – was all covered up in a long-sleeved, full-length dress and fingerless gloves as she joined her assistant and make-up artist for a trip to Waiheke Island by helicopter.
The trio rented a clifftop mansion near Oneroa Beach, where they sipped sauvignon blanc overlooking the sea, but they also dropped by some of the island's most popular eateries, feasting on oysters, fish and chips at The Oyster Inn, and enjoying homemade bread, goat's cheese, lamb ribs and cockles at winery Casita Miro.
Our pictures bring to mind the last time Nigella visited Waiheke on a sweltering day last March. She resembled Mary Poppins as she sheltered under an umbrella while walking along the beach with her porcelain skin almost completely covered.
The celebrity cook's latest visit to our shores was for her An Evening with Nigella Lawson shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, with her capital chat hosted by author Nicky Pellegrino.
Of her Kiwi trip, the star said, "I love the food and the people, so I am delighted to be touring the country, meeting audiences and sharing our culinary stories."
Scroll down to see the photos from Nigella's luxurious Waiheke Island escape.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019