Nigella Lawson may have a sunny personality, but that's about as close as the kitchen queen likes to get to those bright rays!
The domestic goddess – who says she's "sun-phobic" and claims to have a mild allergy to sunshine – was all covered up in a long-sleeved, full-length dress and fingerless gloves as she joined her assistant and make-up artist for a trip to Waiheke Island by helicopter.
The trio rented a clifftop mansion near Oneroa Beach, where they sipped sauvignon blanc overlooking the sea, but they also dropped by some of the island's most popular eateries, feasting on oysters, fish and chips at The Oyster Inn, and enjoying homemade bread, goat's cheese, lamb ribs and cockles at winery Casita Miro.
Our pictures bring to mind the last time Nigella visited Waiheke on a sweltering day last March. She resembled Mary Poppins as she sheltered under an umbrella while walking along the beach with her porcelain skin almost completely covered.
The celebrity cook's latest visit to our shores was for her An Evening with Nigella Lawson shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, with her capital chat hosted by author Nicky Pellegrino.
Of her Kiwi trip, the star said, "I love the food and the people, so I am delighted to be touring the country, meeting audiences and sharing our culinary stories."
Scroll down to see the photos from Nigella's luxurious Waiheke Island escape.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019