Nigella Lawson may have a sunny personality, but that's about as close as the kitchen queen likes to get to those bright rays!
The domestic goddess – who says she's "sun-phobic" and claims to have a mild allergy to sunshine – was all covered up in a long-sleeved, full-length dress and fingerless gloves as she joined her assistant and make-up artist for a trip to Waiheke Island by helicopter.
The trio rented a clifftop mansion near Oneroa Beach, where they sipped sauvignon blanc overlooking the sea, but they also dropped by some of the island's most popular eateries, feasting on oysters, fish and chips at The Oyster Inn, and enjoying homemade bread, goat's cheese, lamb ribs and cockles at winery Casita Miro.
Our pictures bring to mind the last time Nigella visited Waiheke on a sweltering day last March. She resembled Mary Poppins as she sheltered under an umbrella while walking along the beach with her porcelain skin almost completely covered.
The celebrity cook's latest visit to our shores was for her An Evening with Nigella Lawson shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, with her capital chat hosted by author Nicky Pellegrino.
Of her Kiwi trip, the star said, "I love the food and the people, so I am delighted to be touring the country, meeting audiences and sharing our culinary stories."
Scroll down to see the photos from Nigella's luxurious Waiheke Island escape.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019