Despite being one of the most photographed women in the world, Kate Moss has been famously tight-lipped when it comes to the media. Now, however, the British supermodel has opened up about her early beginnings as a model in a rare in-depth interview with her photographer friend Nick Knight.
Speaking as part of a series of candid model interviews for ShowStudio.com, Kate revealed the story behind the iconic photograph of her lying nude on a couch, captured by then-boyfriend Mario Sorrenti while the two were on holiday. That photo eventually helped Kate land one of her first huge campaigns as the face of Calvin Klein Obsession, but she says Mario 'abused' their relationship to get the shot.
"I'd wake up in the morning and he'd be taking pictures of me, and I'd be like 'f**k off,'" she said.
"I laid like that for about 10 days. He would not stop taking pictures of that," she said, explaining that the two split up shortly afterwards.
"When you're in a relationship with a photographer and they start abusing that relationship of being like, 'I want you to do this', and 'I want you to do that' ... and like, no - you can't," Kate went on.
As her star continued to rise, Kate reveals she struggled to adapt to her newfound fame. It was only once she started to make friends in the "hardcore" New York modelling scene - including Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and her eventual boyfriend Johnny Depp - that she started to "settle in".
Today, the modelling veteran is happily married to musician Jamie Hince with a 9-year-old daughter, Lila Grace, from a previous relationship. And despite a drug scandal in 2005, Kate continues to dominate the fashion industry - last year, Forbes estimated the model raked in $7 million thanks to campaigns for Rimmel, St. Tropez and Kerastase.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019